Why no run?

Yeah just that. I'm making a preloader for my configuration of Starsiege:Tribes that will, on a checkbox basis, run two programs and then start the main game. The checkboxes on the GUI determine whether that part of the startup is run (a server mod or not, for instance, or running a cheat program). When one clicks the Execute button, it looks at the checkboxes and runs the programs checked.

Except... it isn't doing that.

When it gets to the Run statement, it says, and I quote:

C:\Documents and Settings\Telanis Blackwood\My Documents\tribesloader.au3 (40) : ==> Unable to execute the external program.:

Run("C:\Program Files\Tribes\hm.exe")

Soo... now what? Does that for all the programs. Unable to execute the external program... WHY!!! Here's the entire console output of running from SciTe (which would be identical to the compiled result)

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Telanis Blackwood\My Documents\tribesloader.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams

+>22:49:28 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.8.0

>Running:(3.2.2.0):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Telanis Blackwood\My Documents\tribesloader.au3"

C:\Documents and Settings\Telanis Blackwood\My Documents\tribesloader.au3 (46) : ==> Unable to execute the external program.:

Run("C:\Program Files\Tribes\TimeHUD.exe -mod EliteRenegades +exec Renegades.cs +exec serverConfig.cs", "C:\Program Files\Tribes")

+>22:49:30 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

+>22:49:31 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 3.192

<colors added by me to match the console colors>

Any helpful ideas? Running Windows XP SP2 and Avast Antivirus, only two things I can think of that would interfere.

tribesloader.au3

Yeah just that. I'm making a preloader for my configuration of Starsiege:Tribes that will, on a checkbox basis, run two programs and then start the main game. The checkboxes on the GUI determine whether that part of the startup is run (a server mod or not, for instance, or running a cheat program). When one clicks the Execute button, it looks at the checkboxes and runs the programs checked.

Except... it isn't doing that.

When it gets to the Run statement, it says, and I quote:

Soo... now what? Does that for all the programs. Unable to execute the external program... WHY!!! Here's the entire console output of running from SciTe (which would be identical to the compiled result)

Any helpful ideas? Running Windows XP SP2 and Avast Antivirus, only two things I can think of that would interfere.

replace run with shellexecute if that doesnt work im assuming it thinks the error is there but it is somewhere else if this doesnt work ill look at the code for you

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

yep, shellexecute and *wait did the trick. thanks!

so any thoughts why Run doesn't work anymore? it wouldn't even do the command prompt

im not sure it is working fine for me it is something on your computer never happened to me so i cant help you there sorry.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

yep, shellexecute and *wait did the trick. thanks!

so any thoughts why Run doesn't work anymore? it wouldn't even do the command prompt

Spaces is your problem by my best guess.

Run('"C:\Program Files\Tribes\hm.exe"')

Run('"C:\Program Files\Tribes\TimeHUD.exe" -mod EliteRenegades +exec Renegades.cs +exec serverConfig.cs', "C:\Program Files\Tribes")
Exit

:whistle: