wireless interent? help plz?

yeah.. this is kinda a dumb question but its been like 5 month and i havent fiured it out yet.

my sister has an Acer TravelMate 4150

she can connect to routers just find but some time after the laptop connects it disconnects and tries to connect again. sometimes it cant connect after it drops its self from the router. it does this all on its own and it seems like it only does it if the router is protected. it is not the router because i can use my laptop just find and there is no problems with the internet.

anyone know how to fix this?

it will be 100%.. then it will just drop.

my laptop will be fine and ill be sitting next to her. (my sisters getting all made cause she says its the router and she doesnt like it. im sick of her bitching to i just wanna fix it now :whistle:)

Edited by Golbez

if its 100% the router cant be far, cant you just wire her?

if not try updating drivers (if you didn't do that already), alternative hardware (if you have it), boot from a Windows pe or Linux live cd and see if it works there...

maybe you find a diagnostic tool from the vendor or a firmware upgrade ...

but make sure you tried everything else before applying a firmware upgrade because that's a point where things go very wrong :whistle:

CoProc Multi Process Helper libraryTrashBin.nfshost.com store your AutoIt related files here!AutoIt User Map

yeah.. this is kinda a dumb question but its been like 5 month and i havent fiured it out yet.

my sister has an Acer TravelMate 4150

she can connect to routers just find but some time after the laptop connects it disconnects and tries to connect again. sometimes it cant connect after it drops its self from the router. it does this all on its own and it seems like it only does it if the router is protected. it is not the router because i can use my laptop just find and there is no problems with the internet.

anyone know how to fix this?

If the laptop has a separate NIC (not internal), how old is it? It almost sounds like a heat related problem. Try getting one of those cooling trays (or a small fan) and see if that helps.

Ralph

Does the router broadcast it's SSID? There is a hotfix from Microsoft (its not publicly available though) that addresses the issue of wireless connections having to be rebuilt once they are no longer automatically connected to. Here is the URL. May not be your issue but it's worth looking into.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907405/en-us

Edited by ksmith247

Support bacteria; it's the only culture most people have.LxP's Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 - Excellent starting placeVolly's Links Page - Links to cool and useful scriptsAutoIt Wrappers - Valuater's AutoIt Wrappers post. Lots of good stuff.Support AutoIt - Make a donation here; I did.[size="2"]#include <Guinness.pint>[/size]

After re-reading through this thread I agree with piccaso, it sounds more like a driver issue. I would check the Acer site or even Microsoft Update to see if a new driver is available.

Support bacteria; it's the only culture most people have.LxP's Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 - Excellent starting placeVolly's Links Page - Links to cool and useful scriptsAutoIt Wrappers - Valuater's AutoIt Wrappers post. Lots of good stuff.Support AutoIt - Make a donation here; I did.[size="2"]#include <Guinness.pint>[/size]

I have seen that some wirelss NICs just don't like certain routers/PCs.

We had a Belkin dongle attached to our PC upstairs and it was forever dropping the connection. I changed it for a different make and had no problems.

A friend of mine has a laptop which she connects to an Orange Livebox :whistle: her laptop constantly drops the connection to the livebox, my laptop however doesn't it runs fine.

If she brings her laptop over to my house it will stay connected forever to my router.

Edited by ChrisL

I have seen that some wirelss NICs just don't like certain routers/PCs.

We had a Belkin dongle attached to our PC upstairs and it was forever dropping the connection. I changed it for a different make and had no problems.

A friend of mine has a laptop which she connects to an Orange Livebox :whistle: her laptop constantly drops the connection to the livebox, my laptop however doesn't it runs fine.

If she brings her laptop over to my house it will stay connected forever to my router.

yup thats my problem... it seems lik updating te drivers worked but idk it doesnt do it as much now

• Moderators

This section of the forum is for AutoIt support, wtf is this doing here?

It's about like 90% of the other general posts in the support forum.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

This section of the forum is for AutoIt support, wtf is this doing here?

hey noob how about you go fuck yourself..

anyway anyone else got anymore ideas.. i did everything you guys suggested.

ie: drivers, the heating plate

Noob! hhahaahaha what is this world of warcraft?

why you got to go and start something.. why cant you just keep your mouth shut and stop spamming?

:lmao: both of you...

lol :whistle:

and does anyone else got anymore ideas?

Edited by Golbez

Hey when you're done cussing at me and what not did you ever stop and check the power management tab under your wireless device properties?

And also are you using the laptops integrated power scheme because from the factory the wireless might be set to disable on battery power?

What OS and service pack level?

Which driver did you update to?

Acer.com - TM4150_WLAN.zip

Intel.com - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_res...mp;submit=Go%21

Are you using the Windows wireless utility or the one with wireless driver?

Did you look at Acer's website?

http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/por...s=&areaid=7