need help with combobox,anyone can help me with my codes,thanks!

hi everyone, below is a few lines of code from my script which are suppose to make it work with comboboxes....i wanted to make the script click on the dropdown combobox and choose an item from the list it drops down.pls help me see what's wrong with my codes,thanks so much!

ControlClick ( "Change Directory", "", "ThunderRT6DriveListBox1",Default )

ControlCommand ( "Change Directory", "", "ComboLBox1", "ShowDropDown", "" )

ControlClick("Change Directory", "", "ComboLBox1", right, 1, 39, 48)

• Moderators

hi herewasplato, the forum thread you gave me doesn't seems to help me with my script codes...I'm still not able to get it working,dont know what actually went wrong......can help me to see what wrong?I'm not able to get the script to select the string contain in the combobox.....

You're asking for help, but not providing anything to help you with. What's the applications name for one, and where can we get a copy of it to test what your actual problem is... Only provide this information if you want actual answers rather than chasing your tail.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

hi herewasplato, the forum thread you gave me doesn't seems to help me with my script codes...I'm still not able to get it working,...

I was pointing out that these are not normal controls, others have had problems and work a around like: "I ended up iterating through {DOWN} control sends and using string compares."

You might not be able to do that.

Like SmOke_N said, provide some more info and maybe someone can help you out.

-MSP-

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

I was pointing out that these are not normal controls, others have had problems and work a around like: "I ended up iterating through {DOWN} control sends and using string compares."

You might not be able to do that.

Like SmOke_N said, provide some more info and maybe someone can help you out.

-MSP-

hi herewaspluto and smoke_N,thanks for both your concern about my problem, so sorrie for not providing u all with the relevant info needed....this is the download link for the software which I'm doing the automation script for.

http://download.yousendit.com/D803184F551084A7

I have problem with the combobox part of the installation....I'm not able to make it click on the combobox and choose the items inside the combobox,pls help me,thanks so much!

hi herewaspluto and smoke_N,thanks for both your concern about my problem, so sorrie for not providing u all with the relevant info needed....this is the download link for the software which I'm doing the automation script for.

http://download.yousendit.com/D803184F551084A7

I have problem with the combobox part of the installation....I'm not able to make it click on the combobox and choose the items inside the combobox,pls help me,thanks so much!

hi herewaspluto and smoke_N,sorrie about it....pls ignore the previous download link for the software...use this one instead,thank you!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...0E25A13380306F4

hi herewaspluto and smoke_N,sorrie about it....pls ignore the previous download link for the software...use this one instead,thank you!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...0E25A13380306F4

SmOke_N and others may be able to install it, I cannot as I only use computers provided by the company that I work for...

...pluto typo - that funny :-)

SmOke_N and others may be able to install it, I cannot as I only use computers provided by the company that I work for...

...pluto typo - that funny :-)

then how? will you all be able to help me....I urgently need to solve this problem but still not able to get the combobox to work....

You will just have to wait and see if someone has the time and desire to help you out on this. We are all just volunteers.

BTW, your

ControlClick("Change Directory", "", "ComboLBox1", right, 1, 39, 48)

line of code in your original post has an error...

... "right" should be in quotes and maybe you meant "left" anyway.

-MSP-