"AfxWnd42s" Please Help

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: AfxWnd42s

Instance: 1

ID: 1

Text:

Position: 86, 176

Size: 760, 291

This is what I see in the Au3info tool.I'm able to get the Handle too.

What i need to know is - Is this class any List view?

Will I be able to access any data from this type of class?

Thanks a ton for your patience and response

Not having any idea what a AfxWnd42s class control might be, I gave it a Google and came up with this post:

Those Afx window classes were custom classes distributed with early versions of MFC, before the "Common Controls" concept was introduced.

Many people have tried to "read" text from them but you CAN'T, not with messages anyway!

They're almost certainly owner-drawn - the text is not delivered by messages, it's "hand-drawn" into the window's DC

Is this a pretty old legacy-app?

:whistle:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 1 year later...

This will most likely be too late for the original poster, but may help somebody searching the archives:

dealing with another legacy application, i seem to be able to read the contents out of AfxWnd42s controls using textcapturex by Deskperience Software.

i am still having problems reading the content out of those pesky Afx:400000:8:10013:b1010b and similar controls.

Hth,

• Moderators

This will most likely be too late for the original poster, but may help somebody searching the archives:

dealing with another legacy application, i seem to be able to read the contents out of AfxWnd42s controls using textcapturex by Deskperience Software.

i am still having problems reading the content out of those pesky Afx:400000:8:10013:b1010b and similar controls.

Hth,

I know that class.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hth,

Nice find. Also SnagIt comes with a COM server as well.