How to launch videos in the GUI window using AutoIt?

Folks,

I am new to this and have been studying this, but have not come across a way to launch videos in GUI. I plan to have 10 buttons in the GUI, and each button has to correspond to a particular video file. Clicking on the button 1 should launch video 1 in the same GUI window. If I click on button 2, video 2 should be launched and replace the video 1.

Any ideas?

Thanks a heap!!

--Soccerstar

Folks,

I am new to this and have been studying this, but have not come across a way to launch videos in GUI. I plan to have 10 buttons in the GUI, and each button has to correspond to a particular video file. Clicking on the button 1 should launch video 1 in the same GUI window. If I click on button 2, video 2 should be launched and replace the video 1.

Any ideas?

Thanks a heap!!

--Soccerstar

Welcome to the forum soccerstar!

There are lots of examples, just search for "video player" in example scripts, and "avi" and maybe media player

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Folks,

Any ideas?

Thanks a heap!!

--Soccerstar

Maybe embed the Windows Media Player ActiveX control?

Some will probably disagree, but I think widows MCI (Media Control Interface) is an easy way to add video/audio to your AutoIt application.

Pro's:

MCI offers support across most the windows platforms (win 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP)

You don't require Media Player 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 to use MCI

MCI offers quite a few options for multi media playback and recording in your gui

You can embed Video onto any window as well as AutoIt gui's eg: you can play video in notepads edit control.

Third party dll's and files aren't required to run MCI as it's part of windows.

(note: to play certain files you still need third party codecs installed on the pc)

Cons:

I'll leave the cons to be explained by those that have a better way to playback videos and media in AutoIt's gui...

To get started on how MCI works have a look at the Sound.au3 udf that comes with autoit.

To find out more on strings that you can pass onto MCI have a look at MSDN

Cheers