any one fancy telling me why my buttons dont want to apper

right hoping this ante that hard but its bugging me loads just cant get it to work, the buttons i have created don't seem to want to appear above the the group. any thoughts any one?????

Can you post a script which runs? $res0 , $checkpl, $listview not defined.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Can you post a script which runs? $res0 , $checkpl, $listview not defined.

this script should run its the same as the old one but i have blocked out the $inp1 = GUICtrlCreateListView section and un blocked out the $inp1 = GUICtrlCreateInput section every thing seems to work with that but i really want a list view so the user can see all the files they have selected.

must warn you that it will actually delete a file so don't use it on owt that u need

Select_a_file2.au3

this script should run its the same as the old one but i have blocked out the $inp1 = GUICtrlCreateListView section and un blocked out the $inp1 = GUICtrlCreateInput section every thing seems to work with that but i really want a list view so the user can see all the files they have selected.

must warn you that it will actually delete a file so don't use it on owt that u need

I would rather not have to spend time getting it to run before I can see what needs to be done to change it.

Can you post a version which will run?

Also, did you see my reply to your other thread about using onevents?

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I would rather not have to spend time getting it to run before I can see what needs to be done to change it.

Can you post a version which will run?

Also, did you see my reply to your other thread about using onevents?

thats odd dose that mean you still cant get the gui to appear? it all runs fine at my end the fact that the listview don't work ante really a problem i can live with the other option. the last version i uploaded should work fine except the buttons just don appear on top of the groups. thats the only thing i really need to get sorted at the mo

and yes thanks i did see you last post but im still trying to get it to function. just like you said the drag and drop works perfectly but it kills every thing else, but i cant get any of the buttons to work even with the function code you suggested. but i will keep slugging. thanks for all you help it been total invaluable, and one of the most valuable things about been a student is that i can submit that part separate to the main body of work. lol :whistle:

thanks again

thats odd dose that mean you still cant get the gui to appear? it all runs fine at my end the fact that the listview don't work ante really a problem i can live with the other option. the last version i uploaded should work fine except the buttons just don appear on top of the groups. thats the only thing i really need to get sorted at the mo

and yes thanks i did see you last post but im still trying to get it to function. just like you said the drag and drop works perfectly but it kills every thing else, but i cant get any of the buttons to work even with the function code you suggested. but i will keep slugging. thanks for all you help it been total invaluable, and one of the most valuable things about been a student is that i can submit that part separate to the main body of work. lol :whistle:

thanks again

If I try to run the code you posted I get

$chekpl, $res0 undefined. Can you fix it?

I assume you are not trying the code you posted. If you click the link in your post you will see that $checkpl isn't defined anywhere, nor is $res0.

thats really strange i am using the one i up loaded and no your right it don't have them defined but it appears to work fin at my end, so i have compiled it into an exe and it still runs. ill upload the exe and if you don't mined still helping then you could run the exe see that the buttons don't appear and then decompile the file and explain y i hope

Select_a_file2.exe

thats really strange i am using the one i up loaded and no your right it don't have them defined but it appears to work fin at my end, so i have compiled it into an exe and it still runs. ill upload the exe and if you don't mined still helping then you could run the exe see that the buttons don't appear and then decompile the file and explain y i hope

At a quick look, if you mean the $ok1 button then it's hidden behind the $selectfile group. You need to set it higher. Haven't investigated any other biuttons but possibly the same problem.

You will have to correct your script. It must compile even though there is nothing set for $res0 and $checkpl.

At a quick look, if you mean the $ok1 button then it's hidden behind the $selectfile group. You need to set it higher. Haven't investigated any other biuttons but possibly the same problem.

You will have to correct your script. It must compile even though there is nothing set for $res0 and $checkpl.

ah har thats the one! but iv had a look in the help files and i cant find out about positioning items or setting there order. could you tell me were to look

ah har thats the one! but iv had a look in the help files and i cant find out about positioning items or setting there order. could you tell me were to look

I'm a bit lost with that. How did you manage to create the script without knowing how to set the positions of controls?

Look in the help for GuiCtrlCreateButton and see what the parameters do.

To move controls programmatically see GuiCtrlSetPos.

I'm a bit lost with that. How did you manage to create the script without knowing how to set the positions of controls?

Look in the help for GuiCtrlCreateButton and see what the parameters do.

To move controls programmatically see GuiCtrlSetPos.

no i know how to move items around but i just don no how to set the order as in set the buttons on top i understand that if i move the groups down to under where i declare all the buttons this will make them appear on top but the group defining lines still appear on top

Edited by UniStudent

no i know how to move items around but i just don no how to set the order as in set the buttons on top i understand that if i move the groups down to under where i declare all the buttons this will make them appear on top but the group defining lines still appear on top

OK, I think I understand.

To put a button or anything in a group you must create the group, create the buttons or whatever to fit inside the group box then finish the group with

GUICtrlCreateGroup ("",-99,-99,1,1)

Is that what the problem was, or am I still not getting it?

OK, I think I understand.

To put a button or anything in a group you must create the group, create the buttons or whatever to fit inside the group box then finish the group with

GUICtrlCreateGroup ("",-99,-99,1,1)

Is that what the problem was, or am I still not getting it?

yep thats the one tar