Autoit and .NET Accessibility Options

Hello All,

I am curious to see if anyone has been able to use the .NET (v. 3) accessibility options to locate controls within applications.

My specific trouble is that I am trying to make an application for unit testing. The app that the script will 'drive' is being compiled in C# and the controls seem to be named by the 'compiler' at 'compile' time. Therefore I am finding that the specific controls within the app are named WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.<some random number> (of course, Window changes to "LISTBOX, EDIT, etc.)

Any other ideas how to get the control handle would be appreciated too.

• Moderators

Hello All,

I am curious to see if anyone has been able to use the .NET (v. 3) accessibility options to locate controls within applications.

My specific trouble is that I am trying to make an application for unit testing. The app that the script will 'drive' is being compiled in C# and the controls seem to be named by the 'compiler' at 'compile' time. Therefore I am finding that the specific controls within the app are named WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.<some random number> (of course, Window changes to "LISTBOX, EDIT, etc.)

Any other ideas how to get the control handle would be appreciated too.

_CtrlGetByPos

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.