While Keydown?

Dev

Hold a key down? or press a key. You could make something like L starts a loop and E stops a loop (not tested)

$endloop = HotKeySet("e")
HotKeySet("l", "loop")
Do
Func loop()
STATEMENTS
EndFunc
Until $endloop = 1
Edited by the_lord_mephy
My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

• Developers

can i create some while loop which is active only when i hold a key down?

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if the question is to activate the while when any key is pressed then...nope..

you can activate a function with hotkeyset() when a specific key is presses.

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ezzetabi, is there a particular reason u put the _ infront of ur function, just curious if it does something i dont know about

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Ezzetabi, is there a particular reason u put the _ infront of ur function, just curious if it does something i dont know about

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's tradition/custom to do so, helps differentiate your udf's from real functions

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

it's tradition/custom to do so, helps differentiate your udf's from real functions

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

.. and allows clever editors like TextPad ( :ph34r: ) to highlight them differently to the way that regular functions are highlighted :(

.. and allows clever editors like TextPad ( :ph34r: ) to highlight them differently to the way that regular functions are highlighted  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, JdeB, why doesn't SciTE do that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. This is the point. Also I dislike the #include command. I prefere copying the code of UDFs in the botton of the script, so when I see _* I know that I need the code.

Also, sometime I script using a TopDown procedure so, sometime I use UDF that I have still to develop saying 'I'll do later, lets finish the main script'.

So, when the moment arrive, I just look for _s for finding every UDF I have to develop.

• Developers

Hey, JdeB, why doesn't SciTE do that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

anything is possible...... only cost more.... :ph34r:

Seriously... it can be done if thats what we all want... but there is no way to verify that the function really exists.

how/what does textpad do with this?

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

anything is possible......  only cost more....  :ph34r:

Seriously...  it can be done if thats what we all want...  but there is no way to verify that the function really exists.

how/what does textpad do with this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's fine with me, AU3check does that...

Yep. This is the point. Also I dislike the #include command. I prefere copying the code of UDFs in the botton of the script, so when I see _* I know that I need the code.

Also, sometime I script using a TopDown procedure so, sometime I use UDF that I have still to develop saying 'I'll do later, lets finish the main script'.

So, when the moment arrive, I just look for _s for finding every UDF I have to develop.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You dislike a feature that makes writing scripts easier because instead of cluttering your code with commonly used functions, you'd rather copy/paste them all over the place and have a copy in every single script so that you have to manually re-copy them if you make a significant change? :: shrugs :: To each his own, I suppose.

Small point.... Every bit of text that I can think of is styled with the current lexer. The only text that uses the default color is user function names in either the declaration or use of a function. So... why not change the default color to something besides black (Which I'm assuming most people have as default) and be done with it? Isn't that close enough?

• Developers

Small point....  Every bit of text that I can think of is styled with the current lexer.  The only text that uses the default color is user function names in either the declaration or use of a function.  So... why not change the default color to something besides black (Which I'm assuming most people have as default) and be done with it?  Isn't that close enough?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True....

I was just wondering what TextPad is doing extra here ??.. is it just giving a piece of text a color when it starts with _ and ends with ( or does it something really intelligent ??

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Maybe it changes color for everything starts with _ and ' ' OR ( that is not already something other. But at this point I may not work with Func names like: _WinActivate()

But, once in a while, I agree with Valik. Black is already a different color from most of the script. Why bother?

[..]how/what does textpad do with this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: I'm happy (eager even) to share this .. but it will cost you all 5 nice things to say about Textpad :ph34r: ...

; AutoIt v3 Syntax File
; Created by Jonathan Bennett <jon@hiddensoft.com>
;

C=1

[Syntax]
Namespace1 = 3
IgnoreCase = Yes
KeyWordLength =
BracketChars = ()[]
OperatorChars = +-*/&
PreprocStart = #
HexPrefix = 0x
SyntaxStart =
SyntaxEnd =
CommentStart = #cs
CommentEnd = #ce
CommentStartAlt = _
CommentEndAlt = (
SingleComment =;
SingleCommentCol =
SingleCommentAlt =
SingleCommentColAlt =
SingleCommentEsc =
StringsSpanLines = Yes
StringStart = "
StringEnd = "
StringAlt = '
StringEsc =
CharStart = 
CharEnd = 
CharEsc =

.. see, it's actually a clever fiddle: I'm setting "_" as an alternative comment, which i highlight in bright pink :(

.. the side-effect is that using the continuation feature makes you blind ( :lol: )

• Developers

:D  I'm happy (eager even) to share this .. but it will cost you all 5 nice things to say about Textpad  :ph34r:  ...

.. see, it's actually a clever fiddle: I'm setting "_" as an alternative comment, which i highlight in bright pink  :(

.. the side-effect is that using the continuation feature makes you blind ( :lol: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok... so all your functions are considered comments... cool ... avoids lots of coding issues... :lol:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.