why do AU3 program stucks winxp ?!

on my computer my script works fine, either compiled or not, BUT in some other peoples computers it just makes winxp stuck...

- what could be the reason for such an event ?!

- what are the requirements for au3 program to work on a computer ?!

- are there any programs that may come in contridiction to AU3 programs and may cause that ?!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

• Moderators

on my computer my script works fine, either compiled or not, BUT in some other peoples computers it just makes winxp stuck...

- are there any programs that may come in contridiction to AU3 programs and may cause that ?!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

You'd find your answer a hell of a lot faster if you posted the code that replicated the issue.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

@SmOke_N

A bit of a problem with it right-now, i don't have the code... BAH!!!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

• Moderators

@SmOke_N

A bit of a problem with it right-now, i don't have the code... BAH!!!

Sorry to hear that... the reason I say that, is there is only 1 of 2 possibilities (considering a lot of us use XP etc.. and no issues like your describing).

1. There is something wrong with their machines, or access that you are attempting is not allowed.

2. There something wrong with your code... You'll find 99.9% of the time, this is the issue.

There's really nothing anyone else could say to solve your issues without this thread going to 30+ posts of guesses because you don't have your own code.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You'd find your answer a hell of a lot faster if you posted the code that replicated the issue.

I was about to answer almost exactly like that, but then I went: NAH... better get something to drink ;-))

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Then it must be to do with the wind blowing from the east west

maybe increased solar activity. It can flip some bits in a processor, causing all different kinds of problems....

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

with that kind of information, nobody can help you. You don't tell us what your program does, how it failed, what the error messages were (if any), etc., etc.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

How do you know that the non-compiled version works if you don't have the code?

Ralph

You guys are way off base.

Global warming, it's caused by Global Warming...

:whistle:

My boss always says this kind of problems is caused by Windows being intelligent and matching the mental capabilities of the user.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Add this to the top of your script:

If @MOONPHASE = "Full" Then
     MsgBox(16, "Error", "Full moon detected, exiting...")
     Exit
EndIf

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Well... IT'S NICE YOUR ALL BEING FUNNY...

but my issue has nothing to do with it !!!

- it's not the AU3 Application that's stuck, it's the entire OS !

- you can't click on anything afterwards, everything is stuck !!!

(and the program has nothing to do with the keyboard/mouse!)

- i don't get any error, it's just being stuck !!!

- about the code, i have the code on my other comp which is at my brothers and i'll get it about next week probably...

THANKS TO ALL WHOM WILL TRY TO HELP

(and no-thanks for all the jokers out there !!!)

Then it must be to do with the wind blowing from the east west

I was about to answer almost exactly like that, but then I went: NAH... better get something to drink ;-))

maybe increased solar activity. It can flip some bits in a processor, causing all different kinds of problems....

You guys are way off base.

Global warming, it's caused by Global Warming...

:lmao:

... I just love-it!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

THANKS TO ALL WHOM WILL TRY TO HELP

(and no-thanks for all the jokers out there !!!)

Suggetion.

Lighten up.

And then hold the questions until you get the code.

Until then, we're not going to take you seriously on a problem that could be a simple Id-10-T PEBKAC error.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Add this to the top of your script:

If @MOONPHASE = "Full" Then
     MsgBox(16, "Error", "Full moon detected, exiting...")
     Exit
EndIf

;)

HA! Full moon... :lmao::whistle:

Support bacteria; it's the only culture most people have.LxP's Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 - Excellent starting placeVolly's Links Page - Links to cool and useful scriptsAutoIt Wrappers - Valuater's AutoIt Wrappers post. Lots of good stuff.Support AutoIt - Make a donation here; I did.[size="2"]#include <Guinness.pint>[/size]