Is it possible to change the product descripton?

hey guys

I have made several scripts with Auto-It to help with some work i'm doing and I have succesfulyl converted the scripts to .exe with the Auto-it converter.

Ok, here's the thing. After the .exe file has been compiled it's product description will be 'compiled auto-it script' (if you right click it and clicik properties). In the version, it also gives the auto-it website

Is there a third-party program which will enable to change the descriptions e.t.c in the properties? (It will make it look more pro lol)

Or maybe another compiler not made by Auto-it which won't include the description?

Update: I tried using Resource Tuner but when I save the file and try to open it, either an error message comes up saying: 'unable to laod script' or it simply won't start at all.. :(

Does this mean that the compiler has blocked any editing? (as surely the description cant affect the actual code right?) :">

thx for any help guys :ph34r:

Edited by happyeaster

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to edit the resurce of AutoItSC.bin before compiling with Resource hacker (or Tuner).

The compiled files will stop working is modified. It is a protection.

JON! What about adding this in the Faq for the future?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

erm. sorry for being a noob buthow do i go about doing this?

I have opened that file in notepad but all there seems are line upon line of symbols? :ph34r:

thx

I have a further question on this topic if u change the icon of a script when compiling using the option in the compiler or for that matter using reshack it has one minor defect I dont like.

If u download or upload a compled autoit script with a custom logo which I do quiet alot because I use my ftp to store them.

While the exe is downloading/uploading it turns back into the standard windows exe icon and dosent turn back into the custom icon untill its been fully downloaded/uploaded which bugs me cause it looks kinda cheep.

Im guessing that this is because the custom .ico file isnt present on the system the exe is being sent to and windows just sees the data as an exe form and gives it the standard exe.

Has this bothered anyone else ? and I know there proberly isnt a solution to this little defect but u never know unless u ask right ?

Edited by nova

• Administrators

I have a further question on this topic if u change the icon of a script when compiling using the option in the compiler or for that matter using reshack it has one minor defect I dont like.

If u download or upload a compled autoit script with a custom logo which I do quiet alot because I use my ftp to store them.

While the exe is downloading/uploading  it turns back into the standard windows exe icon and dosent turn back into the custom icon untill its been fully downloaded/uploaded which bugs me cause it looks kinda cheep.

Im guessing that this is because the custom .ico file isnt present on the system the exe is being sent to and windows just sees the data as an exe form and gives it the standard exe.

Has this bothered anyone else ? and I know there proberly isnt a solution to this little defect but u never know unless u ask right ?

Icons are stored near the end of exes so while you are downloading that is the last bit of info that comes down.

• Administrators

Jon can u help me with my question plz?

thx

Like said above, you have to run Reshacker on AutoItSC.bin NOT the final compiled exe. When you have modified AutoItSC.bin all future files you compile will use the new version info. You can NOT reshack an already compiled exe. Hope that clears it up. Edited by Jon

This is off topic. But where do you guys get those awesome AutoIt pictures??? I want a cool autoit sig!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

some of us are making them, there's a thread in the chat area about new icons, there's a handful of them there, and if you have any cool ideas, post about them and maybe someone (like me) would work on it in their spare time...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Developers

when i tried to open AutoItSC with REShacker it simply gave me an error message saying:

'This is not a WIN32 excecutable'

Help!  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

don't get this error when opening AutoItsc.bin...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

hey m8 , where did u download ur REShacker??  :ph34r:

wait let me get this straight, so u open RESHacker, click file> open > and u can open AutoItSC?  :">

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes i can open it.... just change the file types to *.* and select AutoITSC.BIN.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

where did u downlaod ur REShacker? coz i still can't open my AutoItSC!!! :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http: / /delphi.icm.edu.pl/ftp/tools/ResHack.zip (remove spaces)

Maybe you update your Autoitsc.bin when you opened it withe other programs??

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Okay I am confused. If I edit the .bin file it will change the description on the exe. Can I then distribute it? I dont understand where that edit stops and allows Jon to keep all of his rights. I just want it to look nice and professional, but at the same time I understand Jon cant just let this roll away...

So I can edit the .bin and have no worries? Or should I just leave it?

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Okay I am confused. If I edit the .bin file it will change the description on the exe. Can I then distribute it? I dont understand where that edit stops and allows Jon to keep all of his rights. I just want it to look nice and professional, but at the same time I understand Jon cant just let this roll away...

So I can edit the .bin and have no worries? Or should I just leave it?

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the license says that you can edit the name and description in the bin file any way you want, you can say that it was written by the kremlin if you want. Edited by emmanuel

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)