KJohn

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I have the code that pop some things up at the right conner

I can't find it in your source

That's an older version of the code. Most of the changes that I've made since the copy I've put up are mostly cosmetic even though a lot of work went into it.

Here's the code you are looking for:

ToolTip("Your message here",@DesktopWidth-186,@DesktopHeight-66,"neoSearch Indexing Engine",1,0)

:whistle: In the edit window, the "AutoIt code" button has no effect for me. Does anyone else face the same problem? I'm restricted to the 'wrap in code tags' for now (not the autoit type).

I'm currently working on improving neoSearch. What feature is the most wanted right now?

- Ability to turn on/off meta indexing

- Ability to control neoSearch from a tray icon

- Ability to start with Windows and index transparently in the background without affect system performance

In the edit window, the "AutoIt code" button has no effect for me. Does anyone else face the same problem? I'm restricted to the 'wrap in code tags' for now (not the autoit type).

That button went crasy after the latest updates to the forum.... :whistle:

default index direction?

I mean the first time we start the neo and it start indexing where does it get the file list from

Or

Just for get it

And Other I am trying to Split into 2 exe like you but i can use $cmdline ?? Am i right

Edited by athiwatc

I mean the first time we start the neo and it start indexing where does it get the file list from

Or

Just for get it

And Other I am trying to Split into 2 exe like you but i can use $cmdline ?? Am i right

default locations include:

the user's start menu, desktop, etc. you can get this list by going through the autoit macros in the autoit help file:

@DesktopDir

@StartMenuDir

etc...

splitting into 2 exes simplifies the development procedure a lot.

$cmdline is a possibility... try it out if u hav time to kill...

I'm currently working on improving neoSearch. What feature is the most wanted right now?

- Ability to turn on/off meta indexing

- Ability to control neoSearch from a tray icon

- Ability to start with Windows and index transparently in the background without affect system performance

Select wich harddrives from the index to search, and the one attached standard selected.

i will check it out!

ok Can i have to index bar the black one with progress bar on it IT SO COOL!!

You know enough of my code to create one like it yourself.

Its a 20 minute job at worst..

If you really feel you are unable to do it, you can put up a question regarding this in the GUI Help and Support sub-forum.

Please understand the reason why I'm not open about this is to retain some uniqueness to my program. I'm also definite that creating such a GUI is a very easy thing if you are willing to take that effort. Put in that effort.

I will only show you the way, I won't walk the way for you.

You can start off with this: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49524

Edited by Koshy John

You know enough of my code to create one like it yourself.

Its a 20 minute job at worst..

If you really feel you are unable to do it, you can put up a question regarding this in the GUI Help and Support sub-forum.

Please understand the reason why I'm not open about this is to retain some uniqueness to my program. I'm also definite that creating such a GUI is a very easy thing if you are willing to take that effort. Put in that effort.

:whistle:

Ok a few suggestions,

Make there more results, with a scrollable interface.

Make a tray mode, so it will just have an icon in the tray, you click on it, a search bar pops up, and searches using less space and windows.

More results with scrollable interface - dynamically changing? too much performance hit and large scale changes to the code reqd.

Tray icon - DONE

Small GUI (alternate) - next in line...

This is a very late answer but thanks a lot for your suggestions!

downloaded... looks good with the new background...

noted the change in install location...

suggestions

- users should be able to uninstall openindex if they wish (most ppl don't know where its installed)

- settings for index location are hard to change in an input box - use GUICtrlCreateEdit instead.