neoSearch 1.86

KJohn

All comments and suggestions will be incorporated or at least acknowledged at the earliest, but do not consider me negligent if I am unable to do so right away!

not at all; hope it gives you energy for your study efforts!

Best, Randall

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not at all; hope it gives you energy for your study efforts!

Best, Randall

Thanks!!

Quick update:

- support for au3 files

- fixed: glitch which prevented bmp files from being indexed

- improved: faster indexing algorithm -> a 49 second index is now 44 seconds

- improved: html results link code

- improved: HTML window size is decided based on user desktop resolution

@randallc

- The filename you gave does find its way into the DOS index (under Vista at least)

- But for some reason my code rejects it from the main index... will check that out later...

Try using the 'check for update' button under the help section to get this update. Just to see if this works...

the auto-update is not entirely auto

can't you make it that the user don't have to do a thing while updating?

I did that so that users can store the new executable for future installations where ever they desire...

But I can work on that like you suggested.

Did you notice any performance improvements?

Excuse me, but how is this useful in the Example Scripts section if you don't post your code?

I've answered that question properly enough... You've obviously haven't gone through the rest of the thread coz the script has indeed been put up in a subsequent reply to this very thread... just not the latest version... since u r a newbie, i'm being polite... i'm just tried of answering this question OVER AND OVER...

And in the opinion of the mods themselves:

1. There is NO RULE that says you have to put up the script.

2. Example Scripts: "A forum to share your cool scripts, User Defined Functions and AutoIt-based applications with others."

Edited by Koshy John

UPDATE (check the first post for download link)

- Faster indexing algorithm

- *** Realtime characteristics of the indexing engine are displayed: Number of files processed per second and estimated time remaining.

- Better code in HTML results for opening folders and pictures (its working correctly now)

Attempted to revamp indexing algorithm even more but failed. It slowed down instead.

Till the next time...

It only shows four results at a time, that might be a limitation. A scroll bar would rock.

http://www.autoitking.co.nr Site is DOWN | My deviantART | No Topic Topic - Don't do it!-------------------- UDF's/Scripts:AutoIt: [BenEditor 3.6] [_ShutDown()]PHP: [CommentScript]Web Based AutoIt: [MemStats] [HTML to AU3] [User LogIn and SignUp script]

just hit enter or click on the magnification glass.

- *** Realtime characteristics of the indexing engine are displayed: Number of files processed per second and estimated time remaining.

Why is this btw? I think it look realy fansy, but my script indexes much faster. I think it is because you're continue updating the gui. Edited by dNino

Kjohn can you try my out http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&id=15755

Other guy say it don't work :whistle:

It only shows four results at a time, that might be a limitation. A scroll bar would rock.

It Can't be a scroll bar becuase it not a listview or anything it a gui that made by him self :lmao:

Edited by athiwatc

just hit enter or click on the magnification glass.

Why is this btw? I think it look realy fansy, but my script indexes much faster. I think it is because you're continue updating the gui.

What do you mean by that?

Is it that my progam is working faster now or you have a script that works faster than mine?

Kjohn can you try my out http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&id=15755

It Can't be a scroll bar becuase it not a listview or anything it a gui that made by him self :lmao:

I have figured out a way to show more than four results in the main GUI...

I won't be able to make it work right away as I'm too busy to go back to coding...

But its possible...

neoSearch Downloads to date: 135

Avg. downloads per day: 10+ (and climbing)

@athiwatc - trying out now...

It works...

But using the HTML code for dynamic results can cause performance drops on the end-users machine due to file fragmentation...

And HTML for dynamic results becomes slow when you have your entire computer indexed.

The processor usage shoots up like anything...

Did You Also Use Html

If Not And What Did You Use

I used HTML but not for the rapidly changing dynamic results. For mine, a complete query that goes into the HTML section generates only 1 HTML file.

But for yours, every letter that is typed it causes the HTML file to be deleted and regenerated. A 10 letter query can have upto 20 files created and deleted (once for the entry and once when the user presses backspace to clear)...

am i right?

This is ok for a single query but think about when lets say 30 queries are performed. About 600 files are created and deleted as opposed to 30 (and that's assuming the user wants to see the full results at all on mine). 30 queries is very conservative if it a full time use software.

Each of these, causes a file entry to be written to the file table and deleted. Simple file fragmentation can be solved with Disk Defragmenter in windows but fragmentation of the file table can only be taken care of by commercial software like Disk Keeper.

Edited by Koshy John

I used HTML but not for the rapidly changing dynamic results. For mine, a complete query that goes into the HTML section generates only 1 HTML file.

But for yours, every letter that is typed it causes the HTML file to be deleted and regenerated. A 10 letter query can have upto 20 files created and deleted (once for the entry and once when the user presses backspace to clear)...

am i right?

This is ok for a single query but think about when lets say 30 queries are performed. About 600 files are created and deleted as opposed to 30 (and that's assuming the user wants to see the full results at all on mine). 30 queries is very conservative if it a full time use software.

Each of these, causes a file entry to be written to the file table and deleted. Simple file fragmentation can be solved with Disk Defragmenter in windows but fragmentation of the file table can only be taken care of by commercial software like Disk Keeper.

So i need to find a way to direct by not write a file right?? And How can i do that

(I am a bit damn i just 14 :whistle: I can learn a lot more)

Edited by athiwatc

Here No File Write :whistle:

Download

Try It out but Uninstall the last version by the button <> Need to or just restart

Seems ok... What you are doing is:

- opening blank.html

- writing contents

- loading it

- opening it again in write mode (with erasure of previous contents)

Am I right? If so, much better than previously...

But a new error has cropped up when uninstalling:

Line 0 (File "...\Temp\Uninstall-Oi.Exe"):

FileDelete($OpenIndex_Dir & 'Blank.Html')

FileDelete(^ ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared

Get that corrected.

Always do a complete test of all program functions before you release it for public use.

When I was 14, I had just found AutoIt. It used to be not all that powerful back then. The help file used to be a single HTML files with a lot of bookmarks. A single compiled executable was 50KB tops! A lot has changed in 6 years....

Tip: your executable is 384 Kb or so rite... I don't know how it could be that big (compared to my 348 KB)... Maybe its because the background image has not been compressed/optimized properly... save it as a JPEG using IrfanView before compiling it into the executable...

Edited by Koshy John