compileau3.exe Updated

Jos

• Developers

Updated the http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/compileau3.exe compile wrapper to allow you to update the autoitSC.bin resource info at compilation time and restore the original when finished.

It requires ResHacker.exe in the same directory. When thats the case it will give 3 extra fields for: Comment, Description and Fileversion which you can update.

All you need to do is:

* Download the latest compileau3.exe to the compileau3 subdirectory.

* download and copy reshacker.exe into the compileau3 subdirectory.

Do Ctrl+F7 from within SciTe and you will get the option to update:

- Comment

- Description

- FileVersion

The compileau3 script does the following:

- copy the original AutoitSC.bin to AutoItSC.Bin.Org

- create temp.rc with the info entered in the menu.

- run rc.exe (included) to create temp.res

- run reshacker.exe to apply the changes of temp.res to AutoItSC.bin into AutoitSCt.bin

- copy AutoitSCt.bin to AutoItSC.bin

- Run aut2exe to compile your script with the correct resource info

- copy AutoItSC.Bin.Org back to AutoItSC.Bin

- clean up tempfiles

Enjoy,

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guidosoft

Updated the http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/compileau3.exe compile wrapper to allow you to update the autoitSC.bin resource info at compilation time and restors the original when finished.

It requires ResHacker.exe in the same directory. When thats the case it will give 3 extra field for: Comment, Description and Fileversion which you can update.

Enjoy,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cool.

• Developers

Currently working on a version that will remember all settings for each script in an INI file in the script directory. This will save you from retyping/changing all information for each program everytime.

Let me know if anything else should be incorporated....

edit: Just uploaded version 0.12 which fixes a bug when reshacker.exe isn't available in the directory.\

This version also has the SAVE INFO logic build in.

It will save the Aut2exe compiler info, ICO info and outfile and the resource info:

Comment, Description and Fileversion.

This information is save in "scriptname.au3.ini".

EDIT2: added the missing rcdll.dll to http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/compileau3.exe ...

Enjoy

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

uploaded ver 0.14 which has the following updates:

- Update of the resource info now optional

- added progress bar

- Fixed several minor issues

is there an interest to have 1 or 2 free fields where you can add information to the resource file. for example add a field Copyright and its text or a field programmer and its text?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

uploaded ver 0.14 which has the following updates:

- Update of the resource info now optional

- added progress bar

- Fixed several minor issues

is there an interest to have 1 or 2 free fields where you can add information to the resource file. for example add a field Copyright and its text or a  field programmer and its text?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I'm interested in the Copyright field, since I'm trying to be better about noting what I do at work and putting their name in the copyright...

Oh and the ini settings are a huge plus! Awesome that I won't be having icons showing up from other scripts as I go from one to another!

You rock. :ph34r:

Edited by emmanuel

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Developers

Yes, I'm interested in the Copyright field, since I'm trying to be better about noting what I do at work and putting their name in the copyright...

Oh and the ini settings are a huge plus!  Awesome that I won't be having icons showing up from other scripts as I go from one to another!

You rock.  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uploaded version 0.15:

- Added 2 freeformat fields and text. this means you can call the field anything you want like Copyright/Programmer/Company etc.. these are also stored in the ini file.... (See below example...)

Enjoy

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/test/compileau3.png

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

JdeB,

Would you mind if I embeded your script into my executable wrapper?

*** Matt @ MPCS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem... source is available also in the same dir.

It's still "work in progress" but i think it's nearly done..

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It looks pretty good as of right now, I don't know how well it works as I have yet to try it but the interface looks good. My GUI to ExeWrap is going to be a wrapped VB exe so I don't know if I will use it yet but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks :ph34r:

*** Matt @ MPCS

Not working for me :ph34r: Compiled script still have original info :(

- Copied compileau3.exe and reshacker.exe to the SciTe\compileau3 directory

- I type in customized resource info and run the util....

- I verified that AutoItSC.Bin.Org is getting generated

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

@JdeB - Instead of an additional INI file to hold the settings, why not just add comments to the top of the script.

;Icon=C:\MyIcons\Icon01.ico
;AllowDecomp=0
;Comment=Here is my new comment
;Version=1.0
;etc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And what do you do when the script is compiled? It makes absolutly no sense to include the settings directly into the code, that makes it static and defeats the purpose of the script.

*** Matt @ MPCS

And what do you do when the script is compiled? It makes absolutly no sense to include the settings directly into the code, that makes it static and defeats the purpose of the script.

*** Matt @ MPCS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Careful how you word things. It makes perfect sense to embed the information in the file.

#Compression=4
#NoDecompile

Those are just two of several pseudo-pre-processor directives you'll find in every one of my scripts. It makes the scripts self-describing so that all the information such as the icon, compression rate, password for decompilation, et cetera are all part of the script. Then, instead of directly calling Aut2Exe on the script, it's passed through an interpreter which looks for the special directives and forwards all the appropriate commands along to Aut2Exe.

If you were to see a script run on my PC, you'd have to watch super close in order to tell that I never run/compile a script without first passing it through an interpreter. If it weren't for a brief (and I mean brief, like 200ms) icon flash from the interpreter (An AutoIt script, of course), you'd never know that I wasn't calling AutoIt3.exe/Aut2Exe.exe directly. It's totally seamless.

• Developers

Not working for me :ph34r:  Compiled script still have original info :(

- Copied compileau3.exe and reshacker.exe to the SciTe\compileau3 directory

- I type in customized resource info and run the util....

- I verified that AutoItSC.Bin.Org is getting generated

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CyberSlug, strange... works perfectly for me...

What did you do where you say: - I type in customized resource info and run the util....?

You type the information in the inputscreen of compileau3.exe right ?

Did the ini file get created ?

Is a ResHacker.log generated ?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

@JdeB - Instead of an additional INI file to hold the settings, why not just add comments to the top of the script.

;Icon=C:\MyIcons\Icon01.ico
;AllowDecomp=0
;Comment=Here is my new comment
;Version=1.0
;etc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can see the advantages in also supporting PreProcessor commands.

It would then work in the following way:

- When the information is found in the script, its concidered being static and processed without any menu prompt using the defaults of the last run for those items not specified.

-When the info isn't provided in the script, The script will perform the current way of working.

Any thoughts?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I like the ini method, JdeB.

I consider adding yet more content into the header of my scripts as bulky and needless.

The ini is a once done and forget approach. Looks more professional also.

Unless an disadvantage to prove otherwise.

Thanks for the good work.

MHz. :ph34r:

I have tried two versions of Windows XP Pro (one with SP1 another with SP2)

Resource Hacker version 3.4.0.79

Compileau3 version 0.14.0.0

MsgBox(4096,"", "Done")

[Autoit]

aut2exe=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe

icon=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Icons\AutoIt_32x32x256.ico

outfile=C:\Documents and Settings\Philip\Desktop\SampleScript.exe.exe

[Res]

UpdateInformation=1

Comment=Comment goes here

Description=Some Description goes here

Fileversion=Version x.y.z

Field1Name=Programmer

Field1Value=CyberSlug

Field2Name=Date

Field2Value=21 Sept 2004

[21 Sep 2004, 10:48:36]

ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\AutoitSC.bin", "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\AutoitSCt.bin", temp.res , , ,

Added: VERSIONINFO,1,1033

Commands completed

Compileau3.exe seems to run fine, but the compiled script still has the old version info :ph34r:

I also confirmed that RCdll.dll and RC.exe are extracted.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

I can see the advantages in also supporting PreProcessor commands.

It would then work in the following way:

- When the information is found in the script, its concidered being static and processed without any menu prompt using the defaults of the last run for those items not specified.

-When the info isn't provided in the script, The script will perform the current way of working.

Any thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that sounds good to me, maybe once I've ironed out what Icon I want to use for sure, or what compression level is just right, I'd go ahead and enter it in the script, and maybe I'd always have the same Copyright/Author info in my script template... how about putting the info included in the script into the dialog for compileau3 if it's there, and if it's changed when found like that, writing back to the script...

I don't know... I don't see a real reason for not having it all in the script. I've already got all kinds of comments at the tops of each script, might as well have them be useful as well as informative.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Developers

I have tried two versions of Windows XP Pro (one with SP1 another with SP2)

Resource Hacker  version 3.4.0.79

Compileau3 version  0.14.0.0

Compileau3.exe seems to run fine, but the compiled script still has the old version info :(

I also confirmed that RCdll.dll and RC.exe are extracted.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:ph34r: Could it be that the AutoItSC.BIN is readonly, because that would mean that the copy of the AutoItSCt.BIN to AutoItSC.BIN fails.. ?? Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.