Vistumbler

ACalcutt

Because I could not find a netstumbler type program for vista I have created a gui frontend for the netsh command 'netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid'. This is nowhere near as good as netstumbler, but if your in vista it may be (since my program actually finds access points)

Vistumbler Project Page: http://www.vistumbler.net <-- download latest version here

*GPS requires the Netcomm OCX*

Download Here Vistumbler 8.0 EXE 07/11/2008

Download Here Vistumbler 8.0 ZIP source 07/11/2008

Posted Image

Download Here Vistumbler 7.6 EXE 06/02/2008

Download Here Vistumbler 7.6 ZIP source 06/02/2008

Posted Image

Download Here Vistumbler 5.6 ZIP source 09/30/2007

Posted Image

Download Here Vistumbler 3.31 08/19/2007

Posted Image

Download Here Vistumbler 3.31 08/03/2007

Posted Image

Download Here Vistumbler 2.2 07/21/2007

Posted Image

Download Here Vistumbler 1.0 07/11/2007

Posted Image

TODO-

-Find a better source for wireless information (possibly WMI)

-Find faster way to get the GPS location

-Find a faster way to search wireless information

Edited by ACalcutt

Andrew Calcutt

Http://www.Vistumbler.net

Http://www.TechIdiots.net

Its not an error, its a undocumented feature

Impressive. Can you add an icon in front of the listview-item (this is possible) with a Green (available, not secured), Gray (unavailable, unsecured), Green+padlock (secured + available), gray+padlock (secured + unavailable) just like Netstumbler has?

Also, some graphs would be sweet. You could clone the whole Netstumbler interface, with the treeview etc.

I would definably use it, as the Netstumbler crew doesn't find Vista important enough to issue an update for it :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

Impressive. Can you add an icon in front of the listview-item (this is possible) with a Green (available, not secured), Gray (unavailable, unsecured), Green+padlock (secured + available), gray+padlock (secured + unavailable) just like Netstumbler has?

Also, some graphs would be sweet. You could clone the whole Netstumbler interface, with the treeview etc.

I would definably use it, as the Netstumbler crew doesn't find Vista important enough to issue an update for it :)

I could add an icon to the listview if i knew how to do it. Does anyone know how?

Andrew Calcutt

• 3 weeks later...

Looks cool. I'm trying it right now.

...aww that sucks, no xp support. could copying the netsh.exe over work at all?

Edited by CyberZeroCool

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Hey there I was just a little confused about using GPS - do you just connect the GPS to the PC, enable GPS and the graphs will be created automatically when you scan? Also will it work with things like Tom Tom GPS systems or are only certain types supported?

OK I think I've been stupid. I thought I needed GPS for graphing but I was just using it wrong. The graphing is working fine for me now, I now need to get a TomTom Bluetooth GPS Receiver to test out the GPS functions. If I do buy one I'll let you know how it goes.

Hey there I was just a little confused about using GPS - do you just connect the GPS to the PC, enable GPS and the graphs will be created automatically when you scan? Also will it work with things like Tom Tom GPS systems or are only certain types supported?

I use GPS gate(http://franson.com/gpsgate/) to connect to my gps. Gps gate allows me to connect multiple programs to my gps at once(using virtual com ports). It also makes it so my program doesn't crash when I unplug the gps without shuting it off (since the virtual com port stays active).

-------------------------------

to set up gps you go to "Options --> Use GPS" .

set your com port and baud rate.

After you do that you can just use the "Use GPS" button on the gui to turn it on or off (once your defaults are set... Vistumbler will save them on exit)

And no, you don't need gps for the graph (is only needed for "Export to KML")

BTW...Updated... See website for details http://techidiots.net/project-pages/vistumbler

Andrew Calcutt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

great job ACalcutt,

not tried yet outdoor, i've some questions before :

To map an area (wardrive) we need :

- bluetooth PC

- bluetooth GPS device

- own internet connection

It's right ?

Bluetooth environment it's not hard to organize,

but a stable internet connection is hard when your travel...

Is possible to 'link' GPS point with stand-alone map program,

to not depend from internet ?

thank you for your time,

m.

I use a USB GPS, but a bluetooth one should work as long as it shows up as a com port

Internet connection is not needed while driving. If you want to use google earth without internet you just have to cache imagery of the area you want (see: http://forum.techidiots.net/forum/viewtopi...p?f=31&t=89 )

I made a KML export because there is a lot of documentation. I would love to support some other formats, i just need examples of their format

great job ACalcutt,

not tried yet outdoor, i've some questions before :

To map an area (wardrive) we need :

- bluetooth PC

- bluetooth GPS device

- own internet connection

It's right ?

Bluetooth environment it's not hard to organize,

but a stable internet connection is hard when your travel...

Is possible to 'link' GPS point with stand-alone map program,

to not depend from internet ?

thank you for your time,

m.

Andrew Calcutt