Internet Protection

Hi,

I heard a while ago about a internet protection using _InetGet.What I'm trying to do at the start of my program is:

1. Read a variable in a .txt file hosted on a website (ex: www.mywebsite.com/file.txt)

2. If the variable is equal to something then do something

The things with _InetGet is that it download the file. Is there a function that will only "read" in the file and retrieve a value?

• Moderators

Anything wrong with the function that's 2 functions under that one in the help file? (_InetGetSource())

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Anything wrong with the function that's 2 functions under that one in the help file? (_InetGetSource())

From the help file:

Gets the source from an URL without writing a temp file.

#include <INet.au3>

_INetGetSource ( $s_URL )

Well If I get the source, how can I read it?

SmOke, I'm trying to do something similar as you did with your first Encoder. The internet protection that let you control your program anywhere.

Edited by J0ker

• Moderators

From the help file:

Well If I get the source, how can I read it?

SmOke, I'm trying to do something similar as you did with your first Encoder. The internet protection that let you control your program anywhere.

Try it out, I just tested it on one of my sites, and it read the text file fine.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Try it out, I just tested it on one of my sites, and it read the text file fine.

Yep I just tried it too and it works well. It's easy if there's only 1 word but how can I deal with a txt file full of text (How can I retrieve a specific info in there)?

Let's say I want to check the 12th character and display it in a msg box. How could I do that knowing that there's no space between my characters and it's seem just like a big number.

Convert it into a string and then analyse it?

Edited by J0ker

• Moderators

Yep I just tried it too and it works well. It's easy if there's only 1 word but how can I deal with a txt file full of text (How can I retrieve a specific info in there)?

Let's say I want to check the 12th character and display it in a msg box. How could I do that knowing that there's no space between my characters and it's seem just like a big number.

Convert it into a string and then analyse it?

Are you kidding?

There are tons of ways with the string functions.

Here's the easiest one to understand:

$sString = '1312425436476575687698569877897'
$sMid = StringMid($sString, 12, 1)
MsgBox(0, '', $sMid)

Thanks !

I don't know why this is happening but even if the text file doesnt exist , it return a value. I cant set an @error because it always return something and I dont know why:

#include <INet.au3>
$Txt= _INetGetSource('www.mywebsite.com/file.txt')

$sString = String($Txt)
$sMid = StringMid($sString, 3, 1)

MsgBox(0, "", $sMid)oÝ÷ Ù:òr§)බ¸§È½©nz{¦mê⵩pk++zÛ«§!j¶µêÞ½éâ~Ø^·_W¡ë'µìb²Ö­jYhØb²È­xz0r¥tµ©Þ®º+§¶­Æ×âçhzÉí{¬´@ÈLò¢ëkÊØZµ«­¢+Ø¥¹±Õ±Ðí%9йÔÌÐì(ÀÌØíQáÐô}%9ÑÑM½ÕÉ ÌäíÝÝܹµåÝͥѹ½´½¥±¹ÑáÐÌäì¤()5Í  ½à À°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíQáФ

It return:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">

<html lang="en">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<title>mywebsite.com</title>

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://static.hitfarm.com/template/qing/images/qing.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

</head>

<frameset cols="1,*">

<frame name="hftop" src="/top.php?d=mywebsite.com" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" noresize="noresize" />

<frame name="hfdisplay" src="/landing.php?d=mywebsite.com" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" noresize="noresize" />

<noframes>

<body>

<p>This page requires frames</p>

</body>

</noframes>

</frameset>

</html>

It's why my String is working but like I said above, How can I set an @error when the txt file doesnt exist on the site? Edited by J0ker

• Moderators

I'm not going to refer to my signature... but I should... :whistle:

#include <INet.au3>
$Txt= _INetGetSource('http://www.putinanactuallinkthatdoesntworkorthatisntredirectedtoadifferentpartofthesiteifitdoesntexist.com/Doh.txt')
MsgBox(0, @error, $Txt)