is it possible

• Moderators

for a .au3 to run another .au3?

For the Title of this thread...

All the silly posts I see you ask without obviously searching...

The answer...

Yes

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Run(@AutoItExe & " " & $YourScriptName)

Best be careful with that and not compile that AutoIt script :whistle: ... /AutoIt3ExecuteScript is more what ya'll are looking for.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I think it talks about having a compiled au3 run an uncompiled au3.

yet, from what I understand, it take a third script or human hand to type

au3.exe au3.au3

so that defeats the purpose

but if a compiled au3 can run .au3 it finds at designated area, then it works,

what I read doesn't tell me however.

• Moderators

I think it talks about having a compiled au3 run an uncompiled au3.

yet, from what I understand, it take a third script or human hand to type

au3.exe au3.au3

so that defeats the purpose

but if a compiled au3 can run .au3 it finds at designated area, then it works,

what I read doesn't tell me however.

Do you know how the initial .au3 file is actually ran? What is the output in your task manager? Now you understand that you don't actually "run" an .au3 script, you run AutoIt3.exe that translates your .au3 script into "running" code....

Now, having said that... I'd suggest you "keep" reading :whistle: .

Do you know how the initial .au3 file is actually ran? What is the output in your task manager? Now you understand that you don't actually "run" an .au3 script, you run AutoIt3.exe that translates your .au3 script into "running" code....

Now, having said that... I'd suggest you "keep" reading :whistle: .

having that, i need to have the same .exe to run itself with .au3

or do I have another exe run .au3?

• Moderators

having that, i need to have the same .exe to run itself with .au3

or do I have another exe run .au3?

Before asking a question... ask yourself .. "If I read this without knowing what I actually wanted to do, would it make sense?" ....

Why don't you come up with an outline of step by step of what you want... with as many posts as you have, I'd think by now you'd either be an expert question asker or an expert in autoit... seeing as I know the first to not be true... and seriously question the second... how did you get so many posts?

Before asking a question... ask yourself .. "If I read this without knowing what I actually wanted to do, would it make sense?" ....

Why don't you come up with an outline of step by step of what you want... with as many posts as you have, I'd think by now you'd either be an expert question asker or an expert in autoit... seeing as I know the first to not be true... and seriously question the second... how did you get so many posts?

I ll have my python code output a legal .au3 and then have the .exe run it.

well there is a solution, i can have python run that .exe.

yet, for a pure au3 problem,,,,

lol - what you wrote in 2 sentences is enough for qwertylol to post at least 10 times :whistle:

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

How hard can it be ?...

Write your main autoit script..

In the main script use filewrite to write a new script to where ever.

You can tell your main script to run the new script on some type of event or what ever.

Compile your main script...

Run your main compiled script

(which is an AutoIt.exe that can run your generated from itself script).

Did you even look in the help file under AutoIt-> Using AutoIt -> Running Scripts- AutoIt specific command Line Switches ?

As for python bahhh ... go away !

Cheers

i need to be pet to look up things or come up with the answer for my questions myself?

Who should answer your questions but you?

You're lucky because the people here are very gentle and helpful ... think of that!

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)