Region Capture

Toady

I noticed that people really like the way this program lets the user select the region so I wrote a separate script for easily selecting a region using a rubberband like style in your own scripts using your mouse.

I really like this Toady, good job!

For me it is much better when I use the mouse button rather than 's'.

I prefer that you don't have to start in the top left so I changed this

$lefts = Order($firstCoord[0],$currCoord[0]);added
        $tops = Order($firstCoord[1],$currCoord[1]);added
        _API_MoveWindow($SELECT_H,$lefts[0],$tops[0],$lefts[1],$tops[1]);changed line

;and added this

Func Order($a,$b)
    Dim $res[2]
    If $a < $b Then
        $res[0] = $a
        $res[1] = $b - $a
    Else
        $res[0] = $b
        $res[1] = $a - $b
    EndIf
    Return $res

EndFunc
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Cool the reason that i didn't choose the mouse button is because if you are trying to select a region with text, the mouse highlights the text, screwing up your screenshot.

Yes I noticed that. I think the way to fix it is to first take a screen shot of the whole desktop and show that as though it's the desktop, and then copy from the copy. (Easy to say of course.)

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is my tribute to your great work.. Thanks to your help once again, It is working like I had hoped... :)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry386290

I took your region capture and joined with ptrex ocr to make an awesome application.. Hope you guys don't mid I put my version on my signature but the whole thing has yours and ptrex names all over it.

Edited by gesller

• 4 weeks later...

@Toady

thanks for this nice script! :)

I've noticed 2 minor problems:

1. runnig Region_Capture in AutoIt 3.2.4.9 - the blue selection box is shown, running in the latest public release (3.2.6.0) - no selection box is shown

2. if the Region_Capture-GUI is visible, then an other application starts and overlap the Region_Capture-GUI, then the other application close (or minimize)

the Region_Capture Preview-Window disappears. A click in the filelist (or minimize/maximize the Region_Capture-GUI) brings the Preview-Window back

(the second problem is independent to the AutoIt-Version)

fuwi

@Toady

thanks for this nice script! :)

I've noticed 2 minor problems:

1. runnig Region_Capture in AutoIt 3.2.4.9 - the blue selection box is shown, running in the latest public release (3.2.6.0) - no selection box is shown

2. if the Region_Capture-GUI is visible, then an other application starts and overlap the Region_Capture-GUI, then the other application close (or minimize)

the Region_Capture Preview-Window disappears. A click in the filelist (or minimize/maximize the Region_Capture-GUI) brings the Preview-Window back

(the second problem is independent to the AutoIt-Version)

fuwi

Thanks for the feedback.

Your answers in order.

1. I wrote this script before the 3.2.6.0 release. Every new release is going to break something. I can fix this in my own time.

2. I know about the disappearing preview box. I figured that its just a preview, not something crucial so I never attempted to fix that.

www.itoady.com

A* (A-star) Searching Algorithm - A.I. Artificial Intelligence bot path finding