System Varibles

I was wondering Since I have been using Auto it I havent been able to figure out how to use System Varibles inside the scripts I write. Is there a way to use System varibles inside FileOpen and other functions? or do I have to create a Varible to have it use it specially instead of straight up using it inside the functions. If I could get a quick answer that would be great! :whistle:

Thanks Duran.

I was wondering Since I have been using Auto it I havent been able to figure out how to use System Varibles inside the scripts I write. Is there a way to use System varibles inside FileOpen and other functions? or do I have to create a Varible to have it use it specially instead of straight up using it inside the functions. If I could get a quick answer that would be great! :whistle:

Thanks Duran.

EnvGet is what your after I think assuming by system you mean environment variables.

Copied from the helpfile:

$var = EnvGet("PATH")
MsgBox(4096, "Path variable is:", $var)

Sounds like you're having issues connecting strings and variables.

Ex:

$variable = 'my variable'

MsgBox(0, '', 'this is a string and this is ' & $variable) ;connect them using &

a few more examples:

$userTempPath = EnvGet("TEMP") ;stores the users temp directory i.e C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\temp
MsgBox(0, "Example 1", "Users temp path is: " & $userTempPath) ;example 1 using a variable
MsgBox(0, "Example 2", "Your computer name is: " & EnvGet("COMPUTERNAME")) ;example 2 calling the function directly
DirCreate($userTempPath & "\test123") ;creates a folder called test123 under the users temp directory

Thanks guys that has helped alot. I am currently developing a Post Ops tool for my work and since Auto it is easier then having to write it all in VB or other scripting programs it has already done so much for me ^^ thanks again

Duran.