Keywords with hinting

Currently when I type something like _FileCreate, SciTE will automatically give me a hint to what I want to write (even narrowing it down) and then give me the parameters too. How do I add my own to the list that does this? I tried adding it to the au3.keywords.properties, but that didn't do the trick. Is it even possible?

A decision is a powerful thing

• Developers

Howcome the Keywords I added to au3.keywords.properties under UDFs isn't turning blue when I typed it? It is hinting and I've restarted SciTE

Should work .... how have you added them ? are they coded in lowercase ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Should work .... how have you added them ? are they coded in lowercase ?

Here's the function and thanks to poisonkiller it's showing up in the calltip : _jSaveListView($listViewObjectName,$saveToFile,$hArray='',$cCheck=false,$nCheck="",$jslvDelimiter='|')

I put

_jSaveListView

into au3.keywords.udfs=

_worderrorhandlerderegister _worderrorhandlerregister _worderrornotify _wordmacrorun \

_wordpropertyget _wordpropertyset _wordquit _jSaveListView

• Developers

Here's the function and thanks to poisonkiller it's showing up in the calltip : _jSaveListView($listViewObjectName,$saveToFile,$hArray='',$cCheck=false,$nCheck="",$jslvDelimiter='|')

I put

_jSaveListView

into au3.keywords.udfs=

_worderrorhandlerderegister _worderrorhandlerregister _worderrornotify _wordmacrorun \

_wordpropertyget _wordpropertyset _wordquit _jSaveListView

as said ... try to change it to lowercase ....:whistle:

_wordpropertyget _wordpropertyset _wordquit _jsavelistview

one thing to remember is that this file will be overridden when you do the next upgrade of the package ....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

:whistle: (eeek, I need to read slower and pay closer attention) Thanks for your politeness and patience.

Yeah, I only have a few functions that I use a lot that I built, so it's easy to add them.

THANK YOU GUYS!!! This is going to help major!!!!