TCP/IP Network Card Functions

bump :whistle:

I assume you mean an Ethernet card or an NIC?

Why do you want to limit the speed? Most people would want to increase it.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

yeah the NIC, TCP/IP refers to same thing as NIC. But my reason for limiting it is that Comcast Cable has a Power Boost option in which first 15 seconds of an upload or download is increased from standard rate to 10 to 30 times faster in speed. This happens when you reach the max limit on your speed limit. My speed limit is 48kb/sec upload. With Powerboost it reaches 800kb/sec kb = kilobyte. I would like to make a bot that waits 15 seconds limits to 1/2 my speed then let max go again which re-initiates the powerboost. So I can technically run powerboost option non-stop

yeah the NIC, TCP/IP refers to same thing as NIC. But my reason for limiting it is that Comcast Cable has a Power Boost option in which first 15 seconds of an upload or download is increased from standard rate to 10 to 30 times faster in speed. This happens when you reach the max limit on your speed limit. My speed limit is 48kb/sec upload. With Powerboost it reaches 800kb/sec kb = kilobyte. I would like to make a bot that waits 15 seconds limits to 1/2 my speed then let max go again which re-initiates the powerboost. So I can technically run powerboost option non-stop

Ok I think I understand, but the POwerboost thing seems like an awful idea by your service porvider. A network card, or NIC, is a piece of hardware, whereas TCP/IP is a communications protocol so they aren't the same thing.

Anyway, I don't know how to do what you want.

Sounds to me like you need a better service provider or a better deal. I complained to mine about the cost and they said oh well in that case we'll cut your charge by 20% and increase your speed to 8Mbit/s from 1Mbit/s and give you a free wifi router.

Of course I couldn't possibly accept a deal like that. Do they think I'm stupid?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

The 'PowerBoost' feature of comcast simply increases your speed until a certian about of data has been transfered.

( http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?...PowerBoost18504 )

If you set your DL speed to 1/2, it would just take 2 times longer to get the 10 mb you get at a faster speed. Your proposed method doesn't really make your download any shorter.

Edited by evilertoaster