What do you think of ConTEXT?

ioliver

What do you think of ConTEXT Programmers Editor?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of ConTEXT Programmers Editor?

• I use it all the time!
    • It's ok, but not as good as SciTe or TextPad.
    • It's worthless.
    • I've never heard of it.

• Developers

I'm just asking becasue ConTEXT is what I use, and I've never heard it mentioned in the Forum.

Thanks for your responses.

Ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep... we looked at this one as well..

Its a nice editor, but don't think it has the features that SciTe has.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I have mostly used notepad. As that is what I generally use starting off till I find something better.

What is better? I have seen alot about Scite recently. I would like to know more about it if possible.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Developers

I have mostly used notepad. As that is what I generally use starting off till I find something better.

What is better? I have seen alot about Scite recently. I would like to know more about it if possible.

Thanks,

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have a look here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3802

Just Download the installer , install it and read the helpfile included to see all its features an extra's added to it...

Enjoy,

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Am I the only one that uses notepad?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I seriously hope that you are kidding but i guess I am affraid for the answer.. :ph34r:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

I use notepad, nothing wrong with it so far =). I guess, I am kind of "afraid" of other editors. Because I often send my scripts back and fourth between other users in .au3 format. And if I use an editor, then I am guessing that the only way I can send those files back and fourth would be if the person I'm sending it to also uses that editor. But, what the hell. Got a link to ScItE? Everyone says good things about that.

• Developers

I use notepad, nothing wrong with it so far =). I guess, I am kind of "afraid" of other editors. Because I often send my scripts back and fourth between other users in .au3 format. And if I use an editor, then I am guessing that the only way I can send those files back and fourth would be if the person I'm sending it to also uses that editor. But, what the hell. Got a link to ScItE? Everyone says good things about that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope... the format doesn't change... just a lot easier to read with the syntax highlighting...

Look a few posts back in this thread for the link.....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nope, they're just text files, they have to stay that way for autoit to parse them...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

Oh, cool. I'll go download it right now then. I thought it was like Python's editor. The *default* one at least.

EDITED

I searched for the past 5 pages, and never found anything regarding Editors. Is it in this forum?

Edited by BL@(K-R34P3R

Oh, cool. I'll go download it right now then. I thought it was like Python's editor. The *default* one at least.

EDITED

I searched for the past 5 pages, and never found anything regarding Editors. Is it in this forum?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just look up about 6 replies...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

Nope... the format doesn't change... just a lot easier to read with the syntax highlighting...

Look a few posts back in this thread for the link.....

I'm trying to find the post with the link that he recommended.

Your poll didn't account for an answer such as "It's OK, but it's not as good as <insert editor name here>", so I had to pick "It's worthless". I don't use or like SciTe or Textpad, so what other choice did I have?

At any rate, I've tried those other editors (including ConTEXT), but UltraEdit is just too good to switch to something that is inferior (IMO). So my answer to the poll was correct, as ConTEXT is worthless to me.

My Projects:DebugIt - Debug your AutoIt scripts with DebugIt!