SearchMiner ; modified Search Engine

randallc

Hi, - [ ;"I1" is to work with 3.2.8.1, 3.2.9.1, and "J1+" to work with Beta 3.2.9.2 or more..]]]

1. Limiting search display for the ListView style [default 4000]; more than that use ListBox (faster)

2. Limit search display for the ListBox style [default 10000]; more than that use Notepad (faster)

3. Use Notepad to display larger results over 10000.

4. Limiting search display for the FileIcons in ListView style to 4000

5. Limiting search display for the details in ListView 4000

6. Option for details to include Created date as well in current file listing [default off]

7. ListView uses fast sort by clicking on any column

8. ListView uses fast subsort by [Control/ or Shift- ] clicking on any column ; selected second column will also be sub-sorted alphabetically

9. Double-clicking on file opens them; option to open directory containing them; easy to expand the context menu for more options if you want (copy, delete etc - not in this script)

Best, randall

[Note the search can include folder names or not as option; best files only [default]]

Best to compile with ansi for faster RegExp.]

Posted Image

PS - my best guess for some problems is the index and slider is not writing properly on Vista? - unless someone has it working? -

H3a has sorting now non-case sensitive, and no slider function (also ? not OK on Vista?...)

H4 has option for comparing with MSindex times..

[ ;"I1" is to work with 3.2.8.1, 3.2.9.1, and "J1+" to work with Beta 3.2.9.2 or more..] ]

Edited by randallc

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will it find _GUILV1.au3 for me?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Nice Work

I will change OpenIndex To The Thing you put on

But i am not finish i just made OpenIndex Yesterday

That why i am not fully finish

When It Was finish It will be Meta - File name Search and Song , Movie Search

And i will change the convertion but I will Still use Dos

And Change Listview and what is listbox

I will Still use Dos

Why!?....

And Change Listview and what is listbox

Tell me if you can't run it and see please?....
GUICtrlCreateList ( "text", left, top [, width [, height [, style [, exStyle]]]] )
Best, randall

Hi,

In first post, new version [searchminerD.au3 or exe] with no dos indexing, and details as index option; I would appreciate feedback as I'm having trouble knowing if people are having problems with it..

best, randall

Hi,

In first post, new version [searchminerD.au3 or exe] with no dos indexing, and details as index option; I would appreciate feedback as I'm having trouble knowing if people are having problems with it..

best, randall

True; if you could quickly tell me about the most receny exe at that thread... ? Does it work for you?

SearchMiner

Yes. I know what you mean; I've only just started using it and it is quirky so far... but fast if compiled without UniCode..

Best of luck with your study/ work, Randall

YAY!!! Works perfectly this time! Rebuild file index and then searching just says there is no index present. I sat there confused for a while and then clicked "index details" (56 seconds) and search for mp3 this time took 2.35 seconds (not the ol' 2 mins)!!

Between you and me, while your program maybe very advanced, you should lose some of the lesser used details to prevent your users from getting confused. I'm sure you are at home with the interface you've written but people who see the program for the first time do not approach it from your frame of mind. In my opinion, there are too many permutations and combinations of settings at this point of time.

In the best case scenario, there would be no settings to change - even the dumbest users would be at home with it. But you'd lose your more technical followers. Its a trade off you have to decide upon before you release your final version. All the best and I'll be around to test all your versions till then.

you should lose some of the lesser used details

I agree; it has just been in development and I may never spruce it up!

I am glad for the feedback that it is in fact working as I usually see it! - It has been useful for me personally and still is!; thanks asgain to @Kandiman for his input and original ideas too.

Best, randall

Why!?....Tell me if you can't run it and see please?....

GUICtrlCreateList ( "text", left, top [, width [, height [, style [, exStyle]]]] )
Best, randall
i am using treeview :whistle:

I am looking at your script so tomorrow DOS will be gone for sure!!

Hi,

Uploaded latest version;

** 20Jul07 - version SearchminerG;

1. lists pre-sorted , recent at top, unless too large [and not when in ListBox view; always seems to come alphabetically; anyone know how to stop that? **]

2. simpler GUI, less options

3. always get details so index a little slower, but search faster

Best, randall

Edited by randallc

Hi,

** 24Jul07 - version SearchminerJ; lists sorted if in Listview mode[up to 4000 at present..] very fast with icons; be amazed, if its working for you!

Best, randall

Wow... that was a really huge jump in performance and quality... Amazing...

I"m really starting to feel the heat to improve my program.. and quick...

KJohn We Can't We Use Html For Full :)

I have to disagree with you there because, a search for MP3 on his takes me 8 seconds but on mine takes 0.26 seconds... That's still a world of a difference...

And you should start to put timers in your program so that we can measure the time taken for similar queries... The TimerInit(), TimerDiff() ones...

I have to disagree with you there because, a search for MP3 on his takes me 8 seconds but on mine takes 0.26 seconds... That's still a world of a difference...

And you should start to put timers in your program so that we can measure the time taken for similar queries... The TimerInit(), TimerDiff() ones...

Nice It will be in 0.0.3.8

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

How many files in MP3 search? - and do you mean time to display as well?

Do you include startup time; yours takes 5-8 secs anyway?

Newer version now a little prettier, a little faster; "SearchA.zip", but not that fast!

Best, randall

Edited by randallc