Running Program?

I need one final thing for my IPSend v1.0. I need to check to see if a certain program is running. I think I have seen similar questions. I guess I would need to check the processes because it doesnt have a window or anything. (I think I saw that I need a different version for that).

Please let me know.

Thanks,

JS

Edit: Also off the subject, but where did someone say you guys have gotten all these A3 icons? I am interested in creating my own, but I do not have the A to start with or anything. (Atleast the proper font would be good to go on.)

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

You try the help file before assuming it's only available in the unstable branch?  Maybe trying looking for functions with Process in the name?  Have you taken my hint yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Valik I have looked over the help file several times and hadnt 'noticed' anything. Now thank you for hinting that there is I will check again and actually look for it this time. I just saw a post the other day and someone said it was only avail in the unstable I was asking if that is true.

Thanks for letting me know its in the help file. I have no problem looking there for help I just didnt see it before since I was looking in particular for it.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

The font is impact. Icons are here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4678

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you very much I should soon have a new icon :ph34r:

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

ProcessList() is only in the unstable.  All the other process related functions are and have been in AutoIt for quite a long time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent. I have only been around A3 for about 2 weeks.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Okay I run my code and it is supposed to start a program. It doest show up sys tray. It shows up in the process list, but the program doesnt work.

Here is my code...

If ProcessExists("winvnc.exe") = 0 Then
   Run("C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\winvnc.exe -servicehelper", "C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\")
EndIf

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

When you normally execute it does it have an interface? does it appear in the system tray? When I was running 3.0.102 with some of the window functions, I had a problem with setting the condition equal to something... like you are in your code:

If ProcessExists("winvnc.exe") = 0 Then
  Run("C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\winvnc.exe -servicehelper", "C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\")
EndIf

If you want it to start the app if it doesn exist then try:

If Not( ProcessExists("winvnc.exe") ) Then
EndIf

It has the same logic I believe... but I can't test it as my pc doesnt have the app installed or contain a c: drive.

Hope this helps.

*** Matt @ MPCS

Hrm.. the program still doesnt work. The logic works on both yours and mine. I guess I should try it without the "-servicehelper".

I'll let you know how it goes.

JS

Edit: I guess the -servicehelper was messing it up. I just copied and pasted what was in the HKLM Current Version Run string. I wonder why it didnt work that way. Oh well it works now :ph34r:.

Thanks,

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

External Links

The -service helper was probably loading it as a service, to setup your pc as a host...

Hrm.. the program still doesnt work. The logic works on both yours and mine. I guess I should try it without the "-servicehelper".

I'll let you know how it goes.

JS

Edit: I guess the -servicehelper was messing it up. I just copied and pasted what was in the HKLM Current Version Run string. I wonder why it didnt work that way. Oh well it works now :ph34r:.

Thanks,

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)