Problem when trying to Send("ASC xxx") into a flash game

Hello everyone,

I have come across AutoIt very recently. I plan to use it to automate a flash game. What I need to do is to send some keystrokes and enters, but with some of the letters are Turkish letters.

Up to now, I have written this:

CODE

WinWaitActive("bla bla")

AutoItSetOption ( "SendKeyDelay", 100 )

AutoItSetOption ( "SendKeyDownDelay", 100 )

Sleep(2000)

Send("{ASC 0x74}")

Send("{ASC 0x131}")

Send("{ENTER}")

But it does not send anything in the browser window that includes the flash game. But if I try this code in notepad, or SciTe, it works nearly as expected. I say nearly because it does send "l" instead of "ı" (a Turkish letter, letter "i" without the point). Other letters work flawlessly.

I tried to use:

CODE

Send("t")

Send("ı")

directly. In this case, it both worked in the browser window and in the other ones I mentioned. But it outputted "i" instead of "ı" in the flash game. In fact, I am not so sure about this, I could not test for it now, but I remember a situation like this.

In fact, Turkish alphabet is included in ISO-8859-9 but I did not see this mentioned in the docs. So I tried to use Unicode character codes.

A last thing: What do you think? Is there another way that I could accomplish this task without using AutoIt? (Of course there would be, but I mean any other way so obvious that renders my effort a waste of time)

This is my first post so I could have missed some point, if that's the case please warn me.

Thanks