Regular Expression and filenames help

I'm trying to put together a script to copy certain files, but I'm having trouble with my RegExp. I currently have:

\d+-\d+-\d+ (.*?)\.doc

which matches filenames like so:

Johnson 07-17-2007 JDM.doc

Smith 07-12-2007 BKS.doc

I need a RegExp to recognize files like:

Public 07-17-2007 PQRI JDM.doc

Smith 07-17 2007 ADD HRT.doc

Johnson 07-17-2007 2 TRK.doc

Right now, my regexp returns everything after the date and before .doc. I only need the part in red returned.

If somebody could tell me if this is possible, or point me to a good regexp tutorial on how to do it, I would be grateful.

If it's always 3 initials, you could just use StringRight to return the 7 pertinent characters (including the .doc). Otherwise, you could StringSplit with a delimiter of " " and read the last value in the array, which would be "XXX.doc". As far as RegExp, I'm sure someone else will be much, much more help than I am.

If it's always 3 initials, you could just use StringRight to return the 7 pertinent characters (including the .doc). Otherwise, you could StringSplit with a delimiter of " " and read the last value in the array, which would be "XXX.doc". As far as RegExp, I'm sure someone else will be much, much more help than I am.

Yeah, I thought about doing it that way, but I was hoping there was a way I could do it with StringRegExp instead. I'm trying to learn a little more about RegExps, but this has me stumped.

Hi,

(?<=[ ])\w+(?=\.\w+)

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi,

it was meant to show your results like this:

#include<Array.au3>
; Filename
Global $str = 'Public 07-17-2007 PQRI JDM.doc Smith 07-17 2007 ADD HRT.doc Johnson 07-17-2007 2 TRK.doc'
Global $re = StringRegExp($str, '(?<=[ ])\w+(?=\.\w+)', 3)
_ArrayDisplay($re)

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times