IE link collections

Alright my learning project for today was to try to make a simple webcrawler program.

So far I got

#include <IE.au3>

$IEPAGE =_IECreate()
; create page
_IENavigate($IEPAGE,"http://www.yahoo.com")
; naviagte to yahoo
$list =_IELinkGetCollection($IEPAGE,0)
; trying to collect the links on the page
if not @error Then
;checking if there is an error
    MsgBox("No Error","No Error","No Error")
    FileWrite("internet.txt",$list); Attempting to write the links to a file

EndIf
msgbox("Error","Error","Error")
; received an error message

I think I am trying to collect the link wrong. Ive verified the page opens and goes to the address I want. But the next thing im trying to do is find all available links on the page. Any advise?

$list in your code is an Object variable, not text. Take a look at the example in the helpfile for _IELinkGetCollection as I think it does exactly what you are trying to do.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

$list in your code is an Object variable, not text. Take a look at the example in the helpfile for _IELinkGetCollection as I think it does exactly what you are trying to do.

Dale

Thanks a bunch. I actually didnt know about the helpfiles in autoit..just the online ones. Im glad you mentioned these cause there are a bunch of new bits of informaiton for me. I think I got it now. Just tweeking a bit. Thanks again.