MSN API

I've been working through MSDN in regards to Messenger API, and have come to the conclusion that any method of sending text to a contact via an IM window is no longer supported. The sendText method of the IMessengerIMWindow was my most relevant finding. I was just wanting some confirmation of the fact that this isn't supported in the native API before I abandon the MSN project. The MSDN reference guide for Messenger was really hard for me to sort through. :whistle:

Thanks to anyone who bothers to look through it.

PS. If anyone here is interested in the automation of other parts of MSN, I had started a library:

MSN.au3Tested on Windows Messenger v4.7.3001, however, I believe it will work on newer versions, as well as Windows Live Messenger...regular MSN Messenger is an unknown.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Forgive me my ignorance, but do you really need the API to to send text from one MSN Messenger user to another user? I would assume that an AutoIT script can simply click the right buttons and fill in the right boxes and post a text message. Or is there maybe some legal or ethical problem that I am not aware of?

Tom

• 4 months later...

I've been working through MSDN in regards to Messenger API, and have come to the conclusion that any method of sending text to a contact via an IM window is no longer supported. The sendText method of the IMessengerIMWindow was my most relevant finding. I was just wanting some confirmation of the fact that this isn't supported in the native API before I abandon the MSN project. The MSDN reference guide for Messenger was really hard for me to sort through. :)

Thanks to anyone who bothers to look through it.

PS. If anyone here is interested in the automation of other parts of MSN, I had started a library:

MSN.au3Tested on Windows Messenger v4.7.3001, however, I believe it will work on newer versions, as well as Windows Live Messenger...regular MSN Messenger is an unknown.

The UDFs do not work in my system:) why?