Deleting files using their date of creation

Hi,

First i want to apologize if my question seems stupid or if the answer is actually easy to find, but i'm somewhat new to AutoIT and although i love this tool, i'm far from an expert at creating scripts with it.

So, my needs:

I want to make a script which compares the date of creation of all files in a folder with the current system date. If the date is older than, let's say, 7 days, i want the script to delete the file.

I found a function wich is called FileGetTime, i could probably manage to get the date of the concerned files as a variable but i don't know what to do on next step: comparing the date returned from FileGetTime with current system date and execute a command if the delta between the date is > 7

Well, to be more precise i want to delete some IIS Log Files once they are older thant one or two weeks. These are very big files (~ 200 MB / day) and i badly need something to clean it automatically.

I know this is possible using vbscript but i found autoit to be fare more powerful than regular vbscript so if possible i would like to use it for every administrative automation.

Oh and by the way, i know my english is at best "acceptable" and i fully apologize for the mistakes i probably made.

Regards,

Reslan.

Edited by Reslan

Thanks a lot, it seems to be exactly what i'm after. Nevertheless i couldn't find the script file you include "date.au3" on your personnal page; where could i find it?

maybe

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Date.au3

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]