Selective launch / multiple choice launch

I found the selective launch scripts some time back (from here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...lective+launch). It's almost exactly what I've been looking for for years but with one difference, I need a single-file solution. This selective launch uses several files along with an INI.

I used to use a batch file that did the same type of thing but it had two problems -- you had to type in letters and couldn't use the mouse and it was a pain to edit as the editing was done manually in the .bat file itself.

Well, the manual editing part is fine by me. I don't care if I have to open the scripts and type in any changes, that's not a problem. What I do need is a solution that will accept mouse clicks unlike the DOS-based .bat and that will wait and launch in sequence, something the .bat didn't do.

Here's the type of thing that's needed, very similar to the Selective Launch script that brings up a box where we can click on any number of the boxes below, from one to all (the box should show a customizable description while the path behind-the-scenes can be as needed. i.e., box might say "AutoIt" in description, while path would be the path to the AutoIt EXE.):

[  ]  Backup folder, main bkp app.
[  ]  Backup set 1, open folder.
[  ]  Backup set 2, open folder.
[  ]  Backup set 3, open folder.
[  ]  Backup set 4, open folder.
[  ]  Backup set 5, open folder.
[  ]  Backup set 6, open folder.
Needless to say, the above is just an example.

Has anyone seen a script anywhere that does this but that is just one file unlike the Selective Launch one?

Pls advise. I've spent the last 1 1/2 hours searching this forum and the web but, as has been the case from other searches, nothing quite what I need comes up.

Thanks in advance! Appreciate the help.

(p.s., MultiRun v1.1, an AutoIt gui I found on the web, doesn't work. It keeps crashing and I can't make changes with it besides being too complicated and complex. A simple gui with boxes that user can tick in is all I need. Thanks!)

Edited by Diana (Cda)

I found the selective launch scripts some time back (from here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...lective+launch). It's almost exactly what I've been looking for for years but with one difference, I need a single-file solution. This selective launch uses several files along with an INI.

I used to use a batch file that did the same type of thing but it had two problems -- you had to type in letters and couldn't use the mouse and it was a pain to edit as the editing was done manually in the .bat file itself.

Well, the manual editing part is fine by me. I don't care if I have to open the scripts and type in any changes, that's not a problem. What I do need is a solution that will accept mouse clicks unlike the DOS-based .bat and that will wait and launch in sequence, something the .bat didn't do.

Here's the type of thing that's needed, very similar to the Selective Launch script that brings up a box where we can click on any number of the boxes below, from one to all (the box should show a customizable description while the path behind-the-scenes can be as needed. i.e., box might say "AutoIt" in description, while path would be the path to the AutoIt EXE.):

[  ]  Backup folder, main bkp app.
[  ]  Backup set 1, open folder.
[  ]  Backup set 2, open folder.
[  ]  Backup set 3, open folder.
[  ]  Backup set 4, open folder.
[  ]  Backup set 5, open folder.
[  ]  Backup set 6, open folder.
Needless to say, the above is just an example.

Has anyone seen a script anywhere that does this but that is just one file unlike the Selective Launch one?

Pls advise. I've spent the last 1 1/2 hours searching this forum and the web but, as has been the case from other searches, nothing quite what I need comes up.

Thanks in advance! Appreciate the help.

(p.s., MultiRun v1.1, an AutoIt gui I found on the web, doesn't work. It keeps crashing and I can't make changes with it besides being too complicated and complex. A simple gui with boxes that user can tick in is all I need. Thanks!)

I had a very quick look at Selective Launch

The script consists of several files but when it's compiled it's just one file and an ini. If you want a file which you can edit then you are bound to need two files aren't you? One is the exe and the other is the ini, or some other text file which you can edit. Or do you mean that you want one gui which also contains an editable version of the programs to run?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I had a very quick look at Selective Launch

The script consists of several files but when it's compiled it's just one file and an ini. If you want a file which you can edit then you are bound to need two files aren't you? One is the exe and the other is the ini, or some other text file which you can edit. Or do you mean that you want one gui which also contains an editable version of the programs to run?

Well, the "selective file" .bat launcher that I mentioned before and used for years was just a single .BAT file. One edited the paths for what needed launching via the usual manner of editing .bat files.

I didn't realize that the AI selective launch scripts were compiled to create a GUI program to do this. I'm still dealing with regular scripts, never mind getting into the even more complicated GUIs <g>. But that GUI isn't exactly what I need anyway and I honestly don't know how to tweak it do make it work. I'm hoping that someone may have already done something similar to my batch file (posted just below) but that is just a simple AU3 script without anything complicated. Just editing the AU3 via the way we normally edit AU3s manually in SciTE for example, is just fine (i.e., no GUI needed) with the script pulling up a box that gives us the option to choose which programs or files to launch or folders to open, as needed.

Can one do something as simple and similar to the batch file below in AI? Has anyone seen anything like this that is this simple yet is not as complex as the Selective Launch example?

I hunted up the batch file code of what I'm describing above and am posting it below. The folders, etc., are just examples even though the folders do exist and will give people here a clue as to the type of thing that's needed. What I don't like is how complicated bat code can be (esp. vs. how much easier AI is) and that it's letter-driven and you can't use a mouse. (p.s., in this example, only A to F have working code in this example below):

@echo off
if GOTO:==%1 %1%2 (Subroutine Handler)
for %%? in (a b c d e f g h i j k l) do set %%?=_

:menu
cls
echo.
echo        ÉÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ»
echo        º              AGENT INSTANCES TO LAUNCH                  º
echo        ÌÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ͹
echo        º A.  [%a%] - My Own Backup v2.1 folder ...                 º
echo        º B.  [%b%] - Acrostic 3 folder ...                         º
echo        º C.  [%c%] - Cryptogram Maker folder ...                   º
echo        º D.  [%d%] - Eclipse Crossword ...                         º
echo        º E.  [%e%] - Quotefalls Generator folder ...               º
echo        º F.  [%f%] - 1-2-3 Word Search folder ...                  º
echo        º G.  [%g%] - Empty ............                            º
echo        º H.  [%h%] - Empty ............                            º
echo        º I.  [%i%] - Empty ............                            º
echo        º J.  [%j%] - Empty ............                            º
echo        º K.  [%k%] - Empty ............                            º
echo        º L.  [%l%] - Empty ............                            º
echo        º                                                         º
echo        º Q.   QUIT                                               º
echo        º                                                         º
echo        º X.   ACCEPT choices and launch them ...                 º
echo        º            (If nothing chosen, this window is closed.)  º
echo        ÈÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍͼ
echo.
CHOICE /C:ABCDEFGHIJKLQX /N " Choose your option(s):  "
IF ERRORLEVEL 14 GOTO continue
IF ERRORLEVEL 13 if not errorlevel 14 GOTO cleanup
IF ERRORLEVEL 12 if not errorlevel 13 call %0 GOTO: toggle L %L%
IF ERRORLEVEL 11 if not errorlevel 12 call %0 GOTO: toggle K %K%
IF ERRORLEVEL 10 if not errorlevel 11 call %0 GOTO: toggle J %J%
IF ERRORLEVEL 9  if not errorlevel 10 call %0 GOTO: toggle I %I%
IF ERRORLEVEL 8  if not errorlevel 9 call %0 GOTO: toggle H %H%
IF ERRORLEVEL 7  if not errorlevel 8 call %0 GOTO: toggle G %G%
IF ERRORLEVEL 6  if not errorlevel 7 call %0 GOTO: toggle F %F%
IF ERRORLEVEL 5  if not errorlevel 6 call %0 GOTO: toggle E %E%
IF ERRORLEVEL 4  if not errorlevel 5 call %0 GOTO: toggle D %D%
IF ERRORLEVEL 3  if not errorlevel 4 call %0 GOTO: toggle C %C%
IF ERRORLEVEL 2  if not errorlevel 3 call %0 GOTO: toggle B %B%
IF ERRORLEVEL 1  if not errorlevel 2 call %0 GOTO: toggle A %A%
GOTO menu

:toggle
if _==%4 for %%? in (%3) do set %%?=X
if X==%4 for %%? in (%3) do set %%?=_
GOTO end

:continue
::  Edit the menu options above for the description, then edit the paths below that will actually perform the described action.
::  WinXP syntax to open folders:       start /max explorer /n,"(folder path)"
::        NOTE:  The "/n" switch above gives you your preferred single-pane Explorer view.
if X==%a% start /max explorer /n,"E:\APPS\APPS unzipped\BKP- MOB v2.1"
if X==%b% start /max explorer /n,"E:- The GOOD LIFE\BUSINESS\PZL\BKP- puzzlesAcr, Acrostic 3"
if X==%c% start /max explorer /n,"E:- The GOOD LIFE\BUSINESS\PZL\BKP- puzzlesAcr, E-Crostic Maker"
if X==%d% start /max explorer /n,"E:- The GOOD LIFE\BUSINESS\PZL\BKP- puzzlesCrypt, Cryptogram Maker"
if X==%e% start /max explorer /n,"E:- The GOOD LIFE\BUSINESS\PZL\BKP- puzzlesCW, Eclipse Crossword"
if X==%f% start /max explorer /n,"E:- The GOOD LIFE\BUSINESS\PZL\BKP- puzzlesQF, Quotefalls Generator"
if X==%g% start /max explorer /n,"E:- The GOOD LIFE\BUSINESS\PZL\BKP- puzzlesWS, 1-2-3 Word Search"
if X==%h% start C:1.txt
if X==%i% start C:2.txt
if X==%j% start C:3.txt
if X==%k% start C:4.txt
if X==%l% start C:5.txt

:cleanup
for %%? in (a b c d e f g h i j k l) do set %%?=%=%
cls
echo.
echo.
echo  TASK COMPLETED.
echo.
echo.
:end
::end of batch

To do up something similar in AI would be ideal as it would be mouse-driven rather than letter-driven (besides not being as ugly as a DOS code box, etc.!!!). :whistle: