What C++ Dev. Software Do You Use.

Skizmata

Please forgive me for wondering in over my head I'm well aware I don't belong here but I have a question. I'm interested in getting my feet wet in C++ and wanted to know what dev. software you guys use. I attempted to search for this question and failed tho I'm sure it is out there and I just couldn't find it. Thank you very, very, much for your time.

-Skizmata

AutoIt changed my life.

• Developers

For AutoIt3 testing/Development and SciTE AU3 Lexer:

MS Visual C++ 2005 express

MS VC6 ++

Borland BCC55 (Needed to test compile SciLexer)

Other like Tidy/Obfuscator

BCX to generate C

PellesC

Devc++

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

MS Visual Studio for anything Win32 and .NET. For Linux, VIM is the tool of choice, or MCEDIT if I feel like compiling it. Old habits die hard.

MS Visual C++ Express is great; it's a piece of cake to set it up for Win32 and it's free. In fact all of the Express editions are stellar for getting one's feet wet.

I've been playing around with the next version of MSVS, codename Orcas. I must say it's decent, if bloated.

I've played around with some of the free IDE/compilers out there for Win32 in the past. The MinGW suite is decent. For .NET I like SharpDevelop. Generally, though, I stick with the name brand stuff.

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]

I own a legit copy of MS Visual Studio 2005 but have not the slightest clue as to how to get started with it. I also own VB6 and have done a bit with it but am really wanting to take the plunge into C++.

AutoIt changed my life.

• 2 weeks later...

Eclipse with C++ plugin... CDT I think its called. Eclipse is an extremely good developement enviroment for a goodly number of languages. It takes a little while to figure things out since its not really for the uninitiated, but I think its worth the overhead.

I'm using Mingw and code::Blocks, ResEdit, WxWidgets

Sharpdevelop and MonoDevelop with Mono.

Ocassionally use BCX (Pelles C.)