SciTE interface Window (What is this?)

• Developers

That is the hidden SciTE director window used to send messages to have SciTE perform tasks...

:whistle:

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

And this showed up.

Welcome to the wonderful world of hidden windows. I find WinLister by Nirsoft a very handy tool for discovering what invisible windows exist. It may help to save you from going crazy if WinExist() or similar functions give unexpected results.

:whistle:

Edited by MHz

@Mhz thanks, I like Nirsoft and will check that out. A hour or two after this post I bumped into a similar hidden window called autoit3.

Every AutoIt3 script creates a hidden window as AutoIt3 is a Gui application. The AutoIt3 titled window is perhaps the hidden window for the AutoIt3 process that you have found.

This will give you the title of the AutoIt3 process window.

WinSetState(AutoitWinGetTitle(), '', @SW_SHOW)
MsgBox(0, '', AutoitWinGetTitle() & ' is shown now')

I've been toying around with some software to hide and show windows with a hotkey, and ran into the problem of all these hidden windows.

Below is my _HideToggle() func from my experiment, the problem I'm haveing is this.

I really want to be able to allow the user to specify just a partial title. so if they use "Firefox" it works fine but if they use "SciTE" it will detect the hidden interface window first and attempt to hide it. Making it look like the hide didn't work because it hid an already hidden window. Then when I attempt to show the window it shows the hidden interface window.

What I would like to accomplish...

I would like the code below to be able to detect if the window is hidden (I know how to do that) and then goto the next window that also matches the title and see if its hidden, if it is not hidden hide it and get its handle so I can be sure to restore the same window I hid (This second part I have no idea).

$aHiddenList will contain the names of the windows I would like to hide.

#region ;-===- _HideToggle() -===-
Func _HideToggle()
    $HiddenToggle = Not $HiddenToggle
    $i = 0
    While $i < $aHiddenList[0] and $HiddenToggle
        $i = $i + 1
        WinSetState($aHiddenList[$i], "", @SW_Hide)
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd

While $i < $aHiddenList[0] and Not $HiddenToggle
        $i = $i + 1
        WinSetState($aHiddenList[$i], "", @SW_SHOW)
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndFunc
#endregion ;^^^^ _HideToggle ^^^^

Thanks foryour help!! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. I've been working on this for quite a wile.

AutoIt changed my life.