run within?

hello.

i wondered if it was possible to make an exe-file a part of the script, so i wouldnt have to write it to the harddisk to run it.

ex. let's say i have the old "pkunzip.exe". and i want to use it as part of some procedure, but i want to run it from within the script..

i don't want to drop it next to, or anywhere else on the harddisk. is that possible?

please ask if you don't understand my question :whistle:

hello.

i wondered if it was possible to make an exe-file a part of the script, so i wouldnt have to write it to the harddisk to run it.

ex. let's say i have the old "pkunzip.exe". and i want to use it as part of some procedure, but i want to run it from within the script..

i don't want to drop it next to, or anywhere else on the harddisk. is that possible?

please ask if you don't understand my question :whistle:

You can pack an .exe file inside your compiled AutoIt script .exe file using FileInstall(), but it will be extracted to the specified disk location before it can be executed.

:lmao:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

This question, or somthing similiar to it has been asked frequently before. The short answer is there is not an easy way to do it in autoit yet. The process of is posible if you look at things like upx, which pack the autoit binary inside them and decompress it into memory and run it. But like i said, no one has written a UDF or anythign that does this from autoit yet.

Edited by evilertoaster

You can pack an .exe file inside your compiled AutoIt script .exe file using FileInstall(), but it will be extracted to the specified disk location before it can be executed.

:whistle:

Yes. but that's exactly what i don't want to do :S sorry..

This question, or somthing similiar to it has been asked frequently before. The short answer is there is not an easy way to do it in autoit yet. The process of is posible if you look at things like upx, which pack the autoit binary inside them and decompress it into memory and run it. But like i said, no one has written a UDF or anythign that does this from autoit yet.

ok, thanks..

i'll try to do it through a ramdrive then, if it's possible. but that i'll find out :whistle: