How to Activate (activeX(?)) Control in IE

I can't for the life of me figure out how to bypass this and click the button in the control. I can send text to a textbox via

ControlSetText("Evaluation History -- Web Page Dialog", "", 8, "This is History")

however clicking the OK button (to close window and accept changes) does not work.

I do believe the need to activate the control is keeping this from working as it should. Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Sending the {space} is perfect. But another question, first my background is that I have several years in coding but this is my first autoit experience so I'm not too familiar with everything yet.

I would like for this task to happen in the background allowing the user to do other things while this is going on. I have yet to look into it but also thinking along the lines of completely hiding it. Now my thought on that is that simply sending a space will not be directed to the correct spot.

Is there another way to send this space but direct it at a specific window that may work while hidden?

Thanks again.

The IE.au3 library by Dale is probably just what you are looking for. Check out all the _IE functions in the helpfile.

Edit: typo

Edited by mikehunt114
IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

The IE.au3 library by Dale is probably just what you are looking for. Check out all the _IE functions in the helpfile.

Edit: typo

I've got it and that's how I've gotten this far; however I cannot find anything in any of the help files I have nor on the forums about how to activate this control other than the solution above which works, but I would like the added flexibility I asked about in the last post.

Now my thought on that is that simply sending a space will not be directed to the correct spot.

Is there another way to send this space but direct it at a specific window that may work while hidden?

ControlSend(), rather than Send, should work with hidden windows.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble