Seeking help for a new user

I am a new autoit user and need some suggestions for implementing usefully for some tasks at work. My employer wants me to optimize over 14000 pdf files and has taught me how to do so only one at a time. I rejected this notion and came across autoit as I searched frantically for other ways to handle this extremely repetative task.

I need to use autoit to (1)transfer company pdf files to a temp folder, (2)open each pdf file one at a time, (3)optimize each one, (4)close the file, (5)transfer each file back to its original folder. Steps 2,3, and 4 will just involve series of mouse clicks; if I know how to do one step, then I know how to do all others. Steps 1 and 5 are easy to teach a human, but I suspect they will be difficult to write into code. Each document comes from a very specific folder, which is usually hidden away in one of various sub-folders. So getting the computer to find each file - let's say each file above 5MB - and extract it from the folder to put into the temp, and then to finally replace it in its original folder seems complicated.

I really need some suggestions.

At the very least I would like some suggestions and how and where to learn autoit.

Thanks

• Developers

I am a new autoit user and need some suggestions for implementing usefully for some tasks at work. My employer wants me to optimize over 14000 pdf files and has taught me how to do so only one at a time. I rejected this notion and came across autoit as I searched frantically for other ways to handle this extremely repetative task.

I need to use autoit to (1)transfer company pdf files to a temp folder, (2)open each pdf file one at a time, (3)optimize each one, (4)close the file, (5)transfer each file back to its original folder. Steps 2,3, and 4 will just involve series of mouse clicks; if I know how to do one step, then I know how to do all others. Steps 1 and 5 are easy to teach a human, but I suspect they will be difficult to write into code. Each document comes from a very specific folder, which is usually hidden away in one of various sub-folders. So getting the computer to find each file - let's say each file above 5MB - and extract it from the folder to put into the temp, and then to finally replace it in its original folder seems complicated.

I really need some suggestions.

At the very least I would like some suggestions and how and where to learn autoit.

Thanks

Welcome...

Please post in the correct forum and don't double post the same question...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)