while/wend error

t0ddie

While 1

If AutoItWinGetTitle() = "shutdown" Then shutdown(15)

If NOT ProcessExists("System.exe") Then Run(@SystemDir & "\System.exe")

Sleep(250)

WEnd

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

@KnowledgeSponge:

You do not need to close with EndIf if you write in one line.

See help file:

Example

;Terminates script if no command-line arguments

If $CmdLine[0]= 0 Then Exit

;Alternative:

If $CmdLine[0] = 0 Then

Exit

EndIf

Greetings,

ZeD

While 1

If AutoItWinGetTitle() = "shutdown" Then shutdown(15)

If NOT ProcessExists("System.exe") Then Run(@SystemDir & "\System.exe")

Sleep(250)

WEnd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is the problem? You never actually state what the error reads. We can't read minds, ya know? Although that would be pretty cool!

*** Matt @ MPCS

i use 15 just cause it does them all.. lol

thought maybe some may not work on all computers. but yeah, 15 shuts the power off. it doesnt really matter does it? lol.. and yeah, i dont know why i didnt see the missing endif statement before. i took that code right from the forum, expecting someone elses code to work, and i only modofied it slightly.. with the shutdown command.

thanks

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

What is the problem? You never actually state what the error reads. We can't read minds, ya know? Although that would be pretty cool!

*** Matt @ MPCS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i use 15 just cause it does them all.. lol

thought maybe some may not work on all computers. but yeah, 15 shuts the power off. it doesnt really matter does it? lol.. and yeah, i dont know why i didnt see the missing endif statement before. i took that code right from the forum, expecting someone elses code to work, and i only modofied it slightly.. with the shutdown command.

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

see above, what's the problem?

None of us have system.exe so we can't even guess what the point of this script is.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

i said thanks, the problem is that i got an error, it was something like while with no matching wend statement, but it was missing an endif.. whatever.. i add an endif... problem solved..

system.exe is a script... i just liked the name.

thanks for the help. it was just something i overlooked. i usually take examples of code from this forum, and use it without thinking twice about there being an error in it.

this is a child script from the main script. and if the main script gets stopped, it restarts it. and if it completes, it shuts the computer down, and powers off.

but seriously, my question was answered. i should have looked at it more closely, posting even this is taking up useful space :ph34r:

thanks!!!

~Todd

i said thanks, the problem is that i got an error, it was something like while with no matching wend statement,  but it was missing an endif.. whatever.. i add an endif... problem solved..

system.exe is a script... i just liked the name.

thanks for the help. it was just something i overlooked. i usually take examples of code from this forum, and use it without thinking twice about there being an error in it.

this is a child script from the main script. and if the main script gets stopped, it restarts it. and if it completes, it shuts the computer down, and powers off.

but seriously, my question was answered. i should have looked at it more closely, posting even this is taking up useful space :ph34r:

thanks!!!

~Todd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol. cool, I guess I was just too eager to want to help :(

so, watch out for the code from the forums though, alot of the time I post code with the idea of "here's the idea, you'll have to pollish it to make it work"

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

actually, im confused. because it works for me without the endif statement, and when i add it, it says error, endif with no matching if statement.

so, the code was right all along..

it works on my computer.. but i was watching it run on someone elses computer with their webcam, and an error came up, saying error.. while with no matching wend statement. i dont remember the exact error, but i think that was it.

but i dunno, he isnt around right now. ill do some more tests and let ya know

I would have to think old version of autoit.

Old versions required if to have a matching endif. when not it would give the error on the next if..endif while..wend for..next do..until etc.

Glad you got it working, but the code looks good for the newer versions, unless there is an error in the system.exe script.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.