UNICODE ?

copyright

is there a way to allow autoit to use unicode ? perhaps someone made something or someway to bypass it.. because my chat room is handled through a bot, and some users use, unicode.

§ªßÞá×> fuck you cbot!

when i tried to kick him i get some crap like:

???!a!? has been kicked.. and therefore doesn't kick him.

Please search before asking for assistance:

This should help.

Hope this helps!

*** Matt @ MPCS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or just read my answer to his other thread on the subject?

Edit: Does that clipboard method actually work? I mean, it still has to pass through AutoIt at least briefly, and AutoIt doesn't use Unicode...

Edited by Valik

Or just read my answer to his other thread on the subject?

Edit: Does that clipboard method actually work?  I mean, it still has to pass through AutoIt at least briefly, and AutoIt doesn't use Unicode...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what the crap !? no support because it would take too much resources for win9x.. come on! that's crap! commodores cant run the program.. you might as well not make it lol! seriously.. "autohotkey" has it.. seriously! vote for unicode! or at least a non win9x version that has unicode for us leetsorz lol ! have fun guys! bot creation on autoit it rocks.. other than the lack of unicode!!!!! =) i love you jon! +)

:ph34r:

what the crap !? no support because it would take too much resources for win9x.. come on! that's crap! commodores cant run the program.. you might as well not make it lol! seriously.. "autohotkey" has it.. seriously! vote for unicode! or at least a non win9x version that has unicode for us leetsorz lol ! have fun guys! bot creation on autoit it rocks.. other than the lack of unicode!!!!! =) i love you jon! +)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll now mutter something about autoit not being designed for bots and none of the developers being bot writers.

If you want is so bad, learn C and help out.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Too much resources"? Did I accidentally put my "Remove brain before reading" sign at the top of that post?

I never said it took up too many resources; I said that it created an external dependancy on 9x platforms requiring the user to have "Microsoft Layer for Unicode" installed. Sure, 9x users who need Unicode are likely to have it installed. The rest of the world isn't, thus AutoIt will explode on all those systems.

Edited by Valik

• Administrators

From what I've read the unicode layer just allows unicode compiled programs to run without complaining about unknown dlls and stuff (MsgBoxA vs. MsgBoxW etc) - you still have to do the translation in the code (thus doubling the size of every function that works with strings). At least that's what I read - it's a tough topic to understand.

Someone was trying to get AutoIt to compile on WinCE which only runs unicode so he was hacking the source (taking weeks and weeks) - Maybe I'll ask what it involved but I'm still fairly sure the above is correct.

Autohotkey uses lots of Autoit code and as far as I know hasn't been converted to unicode. If it can send certain characters correctly that AutoIt is converting to "?" then that is NOT a unicode issue and may be able to be solved by tweaking the Send functions (JP did a lot of tweaks to ensure they works on most european systems, and work on diadic characters, and there may be a workaround - especially if the characters you want to send are in the ANSI range of 0-255).

To look into that more we would need to know more about the language being used and the character sets available.

Edited by Jon