Digital Image

This is typical data which is embedded in a digital image saved as a *.jpg file.

File Name

Capture_00001.JPG

Camera Model Name

Canon PowerShot A620

Shooting Date/Time

10/3/2006 1:51:14 PM

Shooting Mode

Program AE

Photo Effect Mode

Off

Tv( Shutter Speed )

1/60

Av( Aperture Value )

Metering Mode

Evaluative

Exposure Compensation

ISO Speed

Lens

7.3 - 29.2 mm

Focal Length

7.3 mm

Digital Zoom

None

Image Size

2304x3072

Image Quality

Fine

Flash

On

Flash Type

Built-In Flash

Flash Exposure Compensation

Red-eye Reduction

On

Shutter curtain sync

1st-curtain sync

White Balance

Auto

AF Mode

Single AF

File Size

1580KB

Drive Mode

Single-frame shooting

Owner's Name

The question......

Is it possible for AutoIT to read the data file contained within a digital image in particlar the Shooting/Date Time?

By way of information the Camera is a Canon Powershot A620 and the program that displays the information is called Canon Digital Camera File Viewer Utility Version 1.3.

There are over 20 *.dll files associated with this application and the most likely candidate associated with the data could be PsCamDat.dll

Help is always appreciated

Ant....

Lazycat's ImageGetInfo UDF should work for you when trying to read the EXIF info of the JPG images.

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

It's not camera specific. Camera's use the Exif standard to incorporate embedded data into jpg files. See the following wiki entry for extensive information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EXIF

The page links to several tools, of which something like http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/ sounds like it could be of some use to you. Or you can make it hard on yourself and try to interpret jpg files, but autoit might not be the best choice for that task.

/edit: didn't know about the image info udf. Sounds like it is worth to check out :whistle:

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Lazycat's ImageGetInfo UDF should work for you when trying to read the EXIF info of the JPG images.

Thanks for the information on looking at the code it looks very much what I need for my little project which is to tie a photograph with a GPS location using the date time stamp of the GPS and Camera as the data to match and then plotting it using Google Earth.

Cheers

Ant...

Download Auto3Lib library and look at the Emboss.au3 example. It will do this.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Oh and by the way did I say thank you if only I was a London Taxi Driver then I would have "The Knowledge". I guess that the Library is being constantly added to so the question is how often would you download it to keep yourself up todate?

Ant....

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Oh and by the way did I say thank you if only I was a London Taxi Driver then I would have "The Knowledge". I guess that the Library is being constantly added to so the question is how often would you download it to keep yourself up todate?

Ant....

Thats the last version as written now. From here on in the functions will be part if the standard UDFs. Some will probably be dropped so don't lose the ones you have.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Thats the last version as written now. From here on in the functions will be part if the standard UDFs. Some will probably be dropped so don't lose the ones you have.

Thanks for the help it was very much appreciated. Its good to learn something new every day helps you stay sharp

Ant...

Downunder (Tasman Sea)