60sec Delay in InetGet() on some Sites

Hi,

I have a problem with the InetGet() function. When I call this function, to get a file from a site, my script waits 60sec and then saves the file on my hdd. It doesn't matter, if I use HTTP or HTTPS (the site is on both protocols available). When I try this with a other site/server - like the Google logo on the first page - it works fine. Something will cause this delay, but I don't know what. By the way, it's the same, when I use the function InetGetSize() or _INetGetSource() or _INetGetSourcePro(). I use the newest version of AutoIT - not a beta.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

Micha

Hi,

I have a problem with the InetGet() function. When I call this function, to get a file from a site, my script waits 60sec and then saves the file on my hdd. It doesn't matter, if I use HTTP or HTTPS (the site is on both protocols available). When I try this with a other site/server - like the Google logo on the first page - it works fine. Something will cause this delay, but I don't know what. By the way, it's the same, when I use the function InetGetSize() or _INetGetSource() or _INetGetSourcePro(). I use the newest version of AutoIT - not a beta.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

Micha

Are you sure that the issue is with InetGet() ?

Is there an imbedded download delay on that particular website?

If you could give us the address it would help a lot...

Now I know where the problem is ...

In our company and at home I use a automatic proxy configurations script. This works with IE an Firefox fine, but the autoit function gets some trouble with a few sites. I don't know why. When I use a direct proxy configuration (IP and Port in connection tab of IE) or no proxy, I have no problems.

The autoit function INetGet(), INetGetSize(), _INetGetSource() and _INetGetSourcePro() uses the Microsoft DLL "wininet.dll" to do all this stuff. I think there is the problem, when I use a automatic proxy configuration script.

So I think the problem is solved for me. I will configure a direct proxy configuration in my autoit script (HttpSetProxy). But I think there is a bug in the Microsoft DLL.

Micha.