search

is it possible to have a gui that when search is pressed... it search for a program... if its not on there it askes you if u want to download it... if it is on there and there is a updated versions it will ask you to update....

For example...

It searchs for 'notepad addon' (in my sig)

Searchs the whole pc for 'notepad addon.exe' then if its there checks for an update... if its not there it askes you wether u want to download it...

Wrong section my fellow friend.

Look at Koshy John's neosearch.

opps sorry... ill keep it here untill its moved tho...

I have looked at that...

but that dont search for programs that are programed into the script...

For example...

The program 'notepad addon' is programed in to the script...

Then it searches... (like an antivirus does) then if not found asks you to download if found looks for updates and then updates if needed...

NOT an input box search

I think I know what you want. The problem is what you want is labor intensive, for it requires one to keep a updated list of where to find stuff on the internet. Doing the search on the PC is easy. Seeing if there is a update available isn't easy for links change, and if it isn't listed in the database, then it won't work at all. Norton had this type of service at one time, but stopped it for just this reason. Is this for your personal rig, or work?

I think I know what you want. The problem is what you want is labor intensive, for it requires one to keep a updated list of where to find stuff on the internet. Doing the search on the PC is easy. Seeing if there is a update available isn't easy for links change, and if it isn't listed in the database, then it won't work at all. Norton had this type of service at one time, but stopped it for just this reason. Is this for your personal rig, or work?

yes an no ...

no because im gona make one for all my programs...