ControlSend ComboBox.

When I do this, it does select the item, but it does not actually do anything with it other than put it into the box.

The items in the next box do not update, even though the pull down has changed.

Suggestions?

ControlFocus ( "Microsoft Dynamics GP", "Check Links", "ComboBox1")

ControlSend ( "Microsoft Dynamics GP", "Check Links", "ComboBox1", "{DOWN 2}{TAB}" )

ControlClick ( "Microsoft Dynamics GP", "Check Links", "&All >>", "left")

When I do this, it does select the item, but it does not actually do anything with it other than put it into the box.

The items in the next box do not update, even though the pull down has changed.

Suggestions?

ControlSend ( "Microsoft Dynamics GP", "Check Links", "ComboBox1", "{DOWN 2}{TAB}" )

ControlClick ( "Microsoft Dynamics GP", "Check Links", "&All >>", "left")

You might have to send an {ENTER} or a {SPACE} after the {DOWN 2}

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I've tried Enter and Space. Enter hit's the OK, and space does the same thing as my Tab.

Larrys suggestion looks more realistic.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

What is the equiv ControlCommand() that I need?

I did try showdropdown, and it shows, but how do I select item 2?

There may be a WM_SELECTCHANGE message that the app is expecting... try the ControlCommand() for changing combobox selection.

Lar.

Okay, I tried this now. It'll open the box, select 2 (really 3, but that's fixable), but not actually select it. It's highlighted, but not selected.

Now the bad part, if I actually click on it after the script stops, it does not select it and update the listbox under it!

ControlCommand ("Microsoft Dynamics GP", "Check Links", "ComboBox1", "ShowDropDown", "")

ControlCommand ("Microsoft Dynamics GP", "Check Links", "ComboBox1", "SetCurrentSelection", 2 )

There may be a WM_SELECTCHANGE message that the app is expecting... try the ControlCommand() for changing combobox selection.

Lar.

Edited by MarkJenks