Unattended XP Autoit

I am not a developer, but am looking for help in possibly have a gui written to do the following:

1a) Be able to browse to a windows XP SP2 source disk and copy its contents to for example to c:\XPbuild\Source

You don't need to copy the following directories cdroot\dotnetfx, cdroot\I386\Lang, cdroot\support\cdroot\vallueadd, cdroot\i386\vin9xupg, and cdroot\i386\winntupg (This will save over 100 meg of valuable disk space)

You can copy these directories then once completed you can also just go ahead and delete.

1b) Verify the existence of cdroot\win51IP.SP2 file and if it doesn't exist throw a message stating invalid source please place source disk in cd drive.

1c) Be able to browse to the official winnt.sif file and copy to c:\XPbuild\Source

1d)Be able to browse for OEM.zip file and decompress to IE c:\XPbuild\Source

2a ) Next browse to a directory that houses the MS hot fixes to be integrated.

Look for the existence of WindowsXP-KB8883667-x86-ENU.exe and WindowsXP-KB935840-x86-ENU.exe

(If these two hot fixes don't exist state that the hot fix directory is not valid.)

Please see the attached xpsp2cmd file for how hotfixes are integrated in the XP source

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) The next thing that we need to do is integrate drivers into the build so device drivers will not need to be installed after installation of the OS

Keeping in mind that device driver preparation will need to be done by a person we would like to have documentation built into the GUI as reference as to what needs to be done to prepare a driver.

I will get you a PDF or something that explains how drivers are prepared. However we will need to be able to browse to a directory which will contain the drivers. The driver directories will be in a directory called drivers and

placed inside will be subdirectories 1-c, 2-v, 3-a, 4-n, 5-m, 6-d, and 7-s. These stand for chipset, video, audio, nic, modem, display, and special. Each of these directories will have subdirectories starting with 01 and progressing for each driver of that type.

In each dir there will be the drivers.txt file which indicate what files are needed in order for the driver to work. This file will be built by the person who prepares the driver.

You need to create a directory under 386 called custdrv under which will house the subdirectories for each driver starting with 001 (xxx)

You will then need to pass each file listed in the files.txt through makecab and copy to the cdroot\i386\custdrv\xxx directory. If there is a subdirectory for a driver you need to create that subdirectory and copy the appropriate compressed files.

You then need to modify the entries in the txtsetup.sif so windows knows about the directories to look in and the files for each driver.

You will need to add entries in the [sourceDiskNames.x86]

100x= %cdname%,%cdtagfilei%,,"\i386\CUSTDRV0x"

You will need to add entries in the [WinntDirectories]

100x= CUSTDRV0x

You will then need to add entries for each file for the driver to work in the [sourceDisksFiles]

cplutl64.exe = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

hdahpbpc.inf = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

hdxhpbpc.inf = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

miccal.exe = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

rtcomdll.dll = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

rthdcpl.exe = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

rtkhda64.cat = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

rtkhda64.sys = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

rtkhdaud.sys = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

rtlcpapi.dll = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

rtlupd64.exe = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

rtlupd.exe = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

rtsndmgr.cpl = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

sec508.skn = 1xxx,,,,,,,1xxx,0,0

The next thing you will need to do is add entries to the dosnet.inf file

The first section you will need to modify is the [Directories] section

d1xxx= "\i386\CUSTDRV01"

d1xxx,cplutl64.exe

d1xxx,hda32.cat

d1xxx,hdahpbpc.inf

d1xxx,hdxhpbpc.inf

d1xxx,miccal.exe

d1xxx,rtcomdll.dll

d1xxx,rthdcpl.exe

d1xxx,rtkhda64.cat

d1xxx,rtkhda64.sys

d1xxx,rtkhdaud.sys

d1xxx,rtlcpapi.dll

d1xxx,rtlupd64.exe

d1xxx,rtlupd.exe

d1xxx,rtsndmgr.cpl

d1xxx,sec508.skn

The only exception to this is the 7-s directory. These represent hotfix drivers. These will be treated differntly in that they will need to be cabbed and copied to the c:\XPbuild\Source\I386 directory

The tstsetup.inf will need to also be modified, but they will not be copied to a special directory. So the additons to the txt setup.inf will be like:

hdaprop.dll = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0

hdashcut.exe = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0

hdaudbus.inf = 100,,,,,,,20,0,0

hdaudbus.sys = 100,,,,,,,4,0,0

hdaudio.inf = 100,,,,,,,20,0,0

hdaudio.sys = 100,,,,,,,4,0,0

hdaudres.dll = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0

and dosnet.inf will look like

[FloppyFiles.1]

d1,hdaudres.dll

d1,hdaudio.sys

d1,hdaudio.inf

d1,hdaudbus.sys

d1,hdaudbus.inf

d1,hdashcut.exe

d1,hdaprop.dll

[Files]

d1,hdaudres.dll

d1,hdaudio.sys

d1,hdaudio.inf

d1,hdaudbus.sys

d1,hdaudbus.inf

d1,hdashcut.exe

d1,hdaprop.dll

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last thing that I would like to do is ask the user for the iso label which will correspond to build that you have just created. You would also ask for a destination and name of the iso file.

You can use the attached cdimage.exe and boot.img file to create the iso image.

this would be the location of where you house the .img file that sets the cd so it is bootable

cdimage.exe" -l"%build%" -h -j1 -b"C:\CDIMAGE\boot.img" -x -o -m "c:\XPbuild\Source" "C:\xpcd.iso"

Is something like this doable using autoit ?

Thanks,

Jim

I am not a developer, but am looking for help in possibly have a gui written to do the following:

1a) Be able to browse to a windows XP SP2 source disk and copy its contents to for example to c:\XPbuild\Source

You don't need to copy the following directories cdroot\dotnetfx, cdroot\I386\Lang, cdroot\support\cdroot\vallueadd, cdroot\i386\vin9xupg, and cdroot\i386\winntupg (This will save over 100 meg of valuable disk space)

You can copy these directories then once completed you can also just go ahead and delete.

1b) Verify the existence of cdroot\win51IP.SP2 file and if it doesn't exist throw a message stating invalid source please place source disk in cd drive.

1c) Be able to browse to the official winnt.sif file and copy to c:\XPbuild\Source

Look for the existence of WindowsXP-KB8883667-x86-ENU.exe and WindowsXP-KB935840-x86-ENU.exe

(If these two hot fixes don't exist state that the hot fix directory is not valid.)

Please see the attached xpsp2cmd file for how hotfixes are integrated in the XP source

3) The next thing that we need to do is integrate drivers into the build so device drivers will not need to be installed after installation of the OS

Keeping in mind that device driver preparation will need to be done by a person we would like to have documentation built into the GUI as reference as to what needs to be done to prepare a driver.

I will get you a PDF or something that explains how drivers are prepared. However we will need to be able to browse to a directory which will contain the drivers. The driver directories will be in a directory called drivers and

placed inside will be subdirectories 1-c, 2-v, 3-a, 4-n, 5-m, 6-d, and 7-s. These stand for chipset, video, audio, nic, modem, display, and special. Each of these directories will have subdirectories starting with 01 and progressing for each driver of that type.

In each dir there will be the drivers.txt file which indicate what files are needed in order for the driver to work. This file will be built by the person who prepares the driver.

You need to create a directory under 386 called custdrv under which will house the subdirectories for each driver starting with 001 (xxx)

You will then need to pass each file listed in the files.txt through makecab and copy to the cdroot\i386\custdrv\xxx directory. If there is a subdirectory for a driver you need to create that subdirectory and copy the appropriate compressed files.

You then need to modify the entries in the txtsetup.sif so windows knows about the directories to look in and the files for each driver.

100x= CUSTDRV0x

You will then need to add entries for each file for the driver to work in the [sourceDisksFiles]

d1xxx= "\i386\CUSTDRV01"

d1xxx,cplutl64.exe

d1xxx,hda32.cat

d1xxx,hdahpbpc.inf

d1xxx,hdxhpbpc.inf

d1xxx,miccal.exe

d1xxx,rtcomdll.dll

d1xxx,rthdcpl.exe

d1xxx,rtkhda64.cat

d1xxx,rtkhda64.sys

d1xxx,rtkhdaud.sys

d1xxx,rtlcpapi.dll

d1xxx,rtlupd64.exe

d1xxx,rtlupd.exe

d1xxx,rtsndmgr.cpl

d1xxx,sec508.skn

The only exception to this is the 7-s directory. These represent hotfix drivers. These will be treated differntly in that they will need to be cabbed and copied to the c:\XPbuild\Source\I386 directory

The tstsetup.inf will need to also be modified, but they will not be copied to a special directory. So the additons to the txt setup.inf will be like:

[FloppyFiles.1]

d1,hdaudres.dll

d1,hdaudio.sys

d1,hdaudio.inf

d1,hdaudbus.sys

d1,hdaudbus.inf

d1,hdashcut.exe

d1,hdaprop.dll

[Files]

d1,hdaudres.dll

d1,hdaudio.sys

d1,hdaudio.inf

d1,hdaudbus.sys

d1,hdaudbus.inf

d1,hdashcut.exe

d1,hdaprop.dll

The last thing that I would like to do is ask the user for the iso label which will correspond to build that you have just created. You would also ask for a destination and name of the iso file.

this would be the location of where you house the .img file that sets the cd so it is bootable

cdimage.exe" -l"%build%" -h -j1 -b"C:\CDIMAGE\boot.img" -x -o -m "c:\XPbuild\Source" "C:\xpcd.iso"

Thanks,

Jim

Here are some attachments that may help. I can upload some dirvers if needed.

100x= CUSTDRV0x

d1xxx= "\i386\CUSTDRV01"

d1xxx,cplutl64.exe

d1xxx,hda32.cat

d1xxx,hdahpbpc.inf

d1xxx,hdxhpbpc.inf

d1xxx,miccal.exe

d1xxx,rtcomdll.dll

d1xxx,rthdcpl.exe

d1xxx,rtkhda64.cat

d1xxx,rtkhda64.sys

d1xxx,rtkhdaud.sys

d1xxx,rtlcpapi.dll

d1xxx,rtlupd64.exe

d1xxx,rtlupd.exe

d1xxx,rtsndmgr.cpl

d1xxx,sec508.skn

[FloppyFiles.1]

d1,hdaudres.dll

d1,hdaudio.sys

d1,hdaudio.inf

d1,hdaudbus.sys

d1,hdaudbus.inf

d1,hdashcut.exe

d1,hdaprop.dll

[Files]

d1,hdaudres.dll

d1,hdaudio.sys

d1,hdaudio.inf

d1,hdaudbus.sys

d1,hdaudbus.inf

d1,hdashcut.exe

d1,hdaprop.dll

Thanks,

Jim

Yes

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Here is the batch file that copies the source from hd to build directory. It also integrates the hotfixes and rebuild the svcpack.inf file

@echo off

:: Variable declaration section

set sourcedir=c:\xpsource

set builddir=c:\xpcd

set hotfixdir=c:\hotfix

set svcpack=%builddir%\i386

:: the full directory path containing the original Windows XP installation CD files

:: do not include trailing backslash

echo You are about to delete the working version of windows XP '%builddir%'

echo You are also about to start the process of copying the source and

echo slipstreaming hotfixes into to a new directory '%builddir%'

echo.

echo or press [Ctrl]-[break] to abort or press any key to continue...

pause

rmdir %builddir% /s /q

mkdir %builddir%

:: options for hotfixes

set options=/passive /norestart /overwriteoem

if exist local.cmd call local.cmd

:: the full directory path to copy the CD files, to enable them to be slipstreamed

:: if left blank, you will be asked to enter it

if not "%~2" == "" set builddir=%2

:: the relative directory containing the Post SP2 hotfixes

:: if left blank, the current directory will be used

if not "%~3" == "" set hotfixdir=%3

verify other 2>nul

setlocal enableextensions

setlocal enabledelayedexpansion

if exist "%sourcedir%\WIN51" goto source_ok

cls

echo The sourcedir variable is not defined in the batch file.

echo You need to edit this batch file and define the sourcedir variable in the

echo variable declaration section press any key to abort the script and declare the sourcedir variable

pause

:source_ok

if defined builddir goto builddir_ok

cls

echo The builddir variable is not defined in the batch file.

echo You need to edit this batch file and define the builddir variable in the

echo variable declaration section press any key to abort the script and declare the builddir variable

pause

:builddir_ok

set svcpackdir=%builddir%\i386\svcpack

if exist "%hotfixdir%" goto hotfix_ok

cls

echo The hotfix directory does not exist. It was defined as '%hotfixdir%'

echo You need to create this directory and place all hotfixes in it

echo Press any key to abort the script and go ahead and create the '%hotfixdir%' directory and place all hotfixes in it

pause

:hotfix_ok

if not exist "%builddir%\I386\" (

echo.

echo Copying "%sourcedir%" to "%builddir%"...

echo.

if not exist "%builddir%\*.*" mkdir "%builddir%"

xcopy "%sourcedir%\." "%builddir%" /e/r/y

if errorlevel 1 (

echo The copy did not complete successfully.

goto :eof

)

)

for %%a in ("%hotfixdir%"\Windows*.exe) do (

for /f "delims=- tokens=2" %%b in ("%%a") do (

set kb=%%b

)

if /i not "!kb!" == "KB835935" (

if not exist %svcpackdir%\!kb!.cat (

echo Integrating %%a...>>%builddir%\patch.log

echo Integrating %%a...

::echo start "%%a" /wait "%%a" /integrate:"%builddir%" %options%

start "Integrating %%a..." /wait "%%a" /integrate:"%builddir%" %options%

set e=%errorlevel%

if errorlevel 1 (

echo %%a returned error %e%

)

)

)

)

cls

echo.

echo The directory '%builddir%' has been successfully updated.

echo.

pause

echo We are now going to build a svcpack.inf in proper order.

pause

type .\svcpack\svcp1.txt>%builddir%\I386\svcpack.inf

FOR %%I IN ("c:\xpcd\i386\svcpack\*.EXE") DO (

ECHO %%~nxI -Q -O -Z -N>>%svcpack%\SVCPACK.inf

)

type .\svcpack\svcp2.txt >>%builddir%\i386\svcpack.inf

FOR %%J IN ("c:\xpcd\i386\svcpack\*.CAT") DO (

ECHO %%~nxJ>>%svcpack%\SVCPACK.inf

)

copy .\svcpack\qchain.exe %svcpack%\svcpack /y

Here is a Gui for a starter for you. And an Installation routine here with a Fullscreen Gui for background. You can modify to make them suit your needs.

Good luck with it. :)

I cant get the script to run. I get errors

FOUND OLD #COMPILER Directives

Error:$sistr already declared as parameter Local $sistr

Any thoughts.. I am willing to pull this apart and try to modify for my needs, but need some help to catch up...

Thanks,

Any thoughts.. I am willing to pull this apart and try to modify for my needs, but need some help to catch up...

i will see about getting the source up to latest standards for you. :P The rest is up to you to do.

:)

I cant get the script to run. I get errors

FOUND OLD #COMPILER Directives

Error:$sistr already declared as parameter Local $sistr

Thanks,

I have made the minor updates to the source so it should compile fine using AutoIt 3.2.4.9 and later.

Please download the file from the topic again.

:)

Edited by MHz

If it's a quick answer you're after, I suggest you Google for a program called nLite - does pretty much what your asking and more. If, however, you want to build an XP installation tool like this in AutoIt, I can't see any reason why it couldn't be done. May turn out to be a big job though.

i will see about getting the source up to latest standards for you. :) The rest is up to you to do.

:P

Are you really really sure you wouldnt make updates for me ? :)

Dont need winnt.sif tab, would like to house an already preped winnt.sif in a files directory (like you have tools) and copy to source.

Dont need oobeinfo.ini tab

Love the remove useless folders part, also would like to house a oem.zip to decompress to the source( this can be housed in the files directory like tools)

Keep the service pack button in case sp3 ever comes out.

add a button to run this utility drvcomp (The author is modifying his tool to not only compress drivers, but to add them to the source)

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=90020

modify your hotfixes function to just point to a directory and integrate the hotfixes to the source like the following example ?

for %%a in ("%hotfixdir%"\Windows*.exe) do (

for /f "delims=- tokens=2" %%b in ("%%a") do (

set kb=%%b

)

if /i not "!kb!" == "KB835935" (

if not exist %svcpackdir%\!kb!.cat (

echo Integrating %%a...>>%builddir%\patch.log

echo Integrating %%a...

::echo start "%%a" /wait "%%a" /integrate:"%builddir%" %options%

start "Integrating %%a..." /wait "%%a" /integrate:"%builddir%" %options%

set e=%errorlevel%

if errorlevel 1 (

echo %%a returned error %e%

)

)

)

)

It is important that the hotfixes be integrated in numerical order so they are installed in the proper order. The last thing you need to do is make sure you add qchain.exe to

the build directory \i386\svcpack

and add qchain.exe to the end of the [setupHotfixesToRun] section of the scvpack.inf or you can just rebuild the svcpack.inf like this batch file does

echo We are now going to build a svcpack.inf in proper order.

pause

type .\svcpack\svcp1.txt>%builddir%\I386\svcpack.inf

FOR %%I IN ("c:\xpcd\i386\svcpack\*.EXE") DO (

ECHO %%~nxI -Q -O -Z -N>>%svcpack%\SVCPACK.inf

)

type .\svcpack\svcp2.txt >>%builddir%\i386\svcpack.inf

FOR %%J IN ("c:\xpcd\i386\svcpack\*.CAT") DO (

ECHO %%~nxJ>>%svcpack%\SVCPACK.inf

)

copy .\svcpack\qchain.exe %svcpack%\svcpack /y

Contents of svcp1.txt file :

[CatalogHeader]

[Version]

BuildNumber=2600

MinorVersion=1

MajorVersion=5

Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"

[setupData]

CatalogSubDir="\I386\svcpack"

[setupHotfixesToRun]

Contents of svcp2.txt

qchain.exe

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]

I know you can help.... I looked at your code and it is awesome. :)

You can get in touch with me james.m.cease@slma.com

Are you really really sure you wouldnt make updates for me ? :)

I do not like those MS updates :) . You never know what garbage they put on your system. Besides the Slipstream project is old and I had my fill. I have moved on to doing other things rather then OS unattended stuff. If you search around then you may find that Proph (alias Signet) has done some HotFix integration and stuff so his AutoIt Apps maybe useful to look at trying out.

:P

We like to think of this place as teaching someone to fish, not just giving them the fish. Have you made a attempt to do this yourself? I understand you want a finished solution, but we all have issues we work on. It will require you to do some work on your part to do this. What you are asking for isn't hard, but learning to fish is much easier than begging for fish.

Another option is to goto www.rentacoder.com and hire someone to do what you want.

Is there a good resource that I can get with example code that I can use as a resource ? I have almost completely stripped out the stuff that I dont need from the app. I just need a reference so I can start looking at code to integrate the hotfixes. I know how I can do it in batch, but I need to figure out what I can use with autoit.

HE was gracious enough to convert the code to the newest version so I can run it in the latest version of Autoit, but I am looking for a good reference material with examples so I can figure out how to read files, do looping and things of that type.

Thanks for any help or guidance. I am an autoit noob :)

HE was gracious enough to convert the code to the newest version so I can run it in the latest version of Autoit, but I am looking for a good reference material with examples so I can figure out how to read files, do looping and things of that type.

Thanks for any help or guidance. I am an autoit noob :)

To learn AutoIt you need 4 basic tools

1) a text editor

2) The help file

3) know how to create a MsgBox to return results.

4) Initiative and a desire to stick with it even after failure.

These groups will always attempt to help someone as long as they show a bit of initiative.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I think I have caught up on the commands to use to do the grunt work, but the graphical part is difficult. Off to do more reading. I have modified the origional code and removed everything from the interface that I will not be using. I may ask for some help by posting some code.

I think I have caught up on the commands to use to do the grunt work, but the graphical part is difficult. Off to do more reading. I have modified the origional code and removed everything from the interface that I will not be using. I may ask for some help by posting some code.

Hey welcome to the AutoIT forums!

Your project is a bit steep for a first program. Start simple or else you're likely to get discouraged and abandon.

If I was you I would decompose your project into smaller parts and do them all individually until you are satisfied they work properly. Once all the different modules are done, you will have gained enough experience to merge all the parts together as a whole.

Keep us posted!

I am endeavoring, ma'am, to construct a mnemonic circuit using stone knives and bearskins.SpockMy UDFs:Deleted - they were old and I'm lazy ... :)My utilities:Comment stripperPolicy lister 1.07AutoIT Speed Tester (new!)