IE issues

#include <GuiConstants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreateEmbedded()
GUICreate("Dans Browser", @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, 0, 0, BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))
$GUIIE = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 0, 30, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight - 30)
GUISetState()
_IENavigate($oIE, "www.google.com", 0 )
While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

When I run this, my PC keeps opening "Just-In-Time debugger"... it tries several times... If I cancel them all, google will load

How can I make sure this doesn't happen?

EDIT: I should add that I do not get this error with IE opened normally, only with the _IECreateEmbedded()

Edited by danwilli

Awesome...

How would I (in the script) Disable Just-In-Time Debugging. Is this a reg key?

EDIT: I am at work, and do not wish to change too much, but disabling the debugger seems like it should have been done anyway

Edited by danwilli

If you read the MSDN article lod3n posted, you can see that you either need to change your settings manually, or it suggests that it can be done with a registry write.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

They are two different objects. One is a shell explorer and the other is the actual Internet Explorer application. I don't know why it's specific to one, something to do with the way the debugger detects errors.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Change the default value of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\DbgJITDebugLaunchSetting" to 1.

sorry to be such a pain in the ass but that doesn't work for me either

RegDelete( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug" )
RegDelete( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\DbgManagedDebugger" )
RegWrite ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework", "DbgJITDebugLaunchSetting", "REG_SZ", 1 )

EDIT: Still getting the god damn JIT

Edited by danwilli

Look up the key in RegEdit.exe, they key itself is "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\DbgJITDebugLaunchSetting", check the value (I assumed default) and value type, then enter all that into a RegWrite, no deletes necessary. I don't have VB Studio, so I don't have that key.

LOL, the funny part is, I had to create that key, I didn't have it either

EDIT: it didn't work, again I might add that I am at work and they use imaging software to image our machines... I don't know what all is loaded on here. I have nothing in the .net key that resembles anything related to JIT.

Man, this sucks

Thanks for the help though Mike. Any other ideas?

Edited by danwilli

RegWrite ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework", "DbgJITDebugLaunchSetting", "REG_SZ", 1 )
That's not the key I specified...you took the end of it and called it the key value. Also, do you have admin priveleges?

Edit: typo

Edited by mikehunt114

I don't know then, sorry. I'm not a reg guru.

You may need to logout/reboot to insure that all instances of iexplore.exe and/or explore.exe has restarted.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

oh wow, thanks DaleHohm, but that kind of sucks because I wanted to be able to do this on the fly (no reboot) in the script.

I work for a large company and i'm sure all of my co workers will run into this problem with my script.

Is there a way around the reboot? Kill Iexplorer.exe?

Thanks for your help

It is just a SWAG. First test to see if it works and then we can discuss the best way to do it if you haven't already figure it out.

Dale

oh wow, thanks DaleHohm, but that kind of sucks because I wanted to be able to do this on the fly (no reboot) in the script.

I work for a large company and i'm sure all of my co workers will run into this problem with my script.

Is there a way around the reboot? Kill Iexplorer.exe?

Thanks for your help

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble