Examples with problems?

I found AutoIt since a few months and I like it very much.

So I started exploring the "Examples" folder of AutoIt v.3.2.4.9

With great surprise I found that in most of the scripts (like Eventlog.au3, Folders.au3, Header,au3, IPAddress.au3 etc) I have problems with DLL functions.

I always get an error telling that 'the variable must be of type "Object"' like in:

$iPID=$tPID.ID

error ^

Did I miss something?

I would appreciate your help.

Horst

• Developers

These are the standard supplied in the examples directory:

calculator.au3

count-do.au3

count-for.au3

count-while.au3

functions.au3

inputbox.au3

msgbox.au3

notepad1.au3

notepad2.au3

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

troglo installed Auto3Lib files they are in the ...\Programs\AutoIt3\Auto3Lib Folder, but i have no errors with the files, with release and beta.

But i couldnt find the text "$iPID=$tPID.ID" in any Script.

Can you please write exactly in which File and what line this error occurs, and is it always the same error?

Teamspeak 3 User Viewer - Quick and functional TS3 Query script, which shows online users.Cached Screenshot Deleter - Deletes older Fraps Screenshots if they exceed a specified limit.Unresolved Topics:Intercept and modify dragdrop text behaviour in scite

troglo installed Auto3Lib files they are in the ...\Programs\AutoIt3\Auto3Lib Folder, but i have no errors with the files, with release and beta.

But i couldnt find the text "$iPID=$tPID.ID" in any Script.

Can you please write exactly in which File and what line this error occurs, and is it always the same error?

you are right, gsek, the files with that problem are in Auto3Lib Folder.

E.g. if I run Header 1.au3 I get following error:

e:\Programmi\AutoIt3\Include\A3LWinAPI.au3 (1822) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$iPID = $tPID.ID

$iPID = $tPID^ ERROR

if I run DateTimPick.au3 I get following error:

e:\Programmi\AutoIt3\Include\A3LDateTimePick.au3 (461) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$tBuffer.Text = $sFormat

$tBuffer^ ERROR

and so on as nearly all give me similar errors.

Does this happen to me only?

Troglo

e:\Programmi\AutoIt3\Include\A3LWinAPI.au3 (1822) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$iPID = $tPID.ID

$iPID = $tPID^ ERRO

Ive looked into A3LWinAPI.au3 and there is no line with $iPID = $tPID.ID

The scripts run fine on my machine.

I think you have an old version of the include Files that comes with Au3Lib.

I suggest that you uninstall you current version of Au3Lib and download and reinstall the newest version here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33677

Teamspeak 3 User Viewer - Quick and functional TS3 Query script, which shows online users.Cached Screenshot Deleter - Deletes older Fraps Screenshots if they exceed a specified limit.Unresolved Topics:Intercept and modify dragdrop text behaviour in scite

You cannot run the files in the lib functions from PaulIA as they are UDF's. There are examples somewhere.

I was talking about those example-files in the Au3Lib Folder which require the include UDFs. eg "Header 1.au3"

Ive looked into A3LWinAPI.au3 and there is no line with $iPID = $tPID.ID

The scripts run fine on my machine.

I think you have an old version of the include Files that comes with Au3Lib.

I suggest that you uninstall you current version of Au3Lib and download and reinstall the newest version here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33677

Thanks a lot!

Now programs run without errors!

Troglo