Setting Explorer to show in details view?

I have a script to open up the My Computer folder. The part that interests me is how the switch /n makes this particular folder open in in Windows Explorer as a single pane.

Run('explorer.exe /n,"::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"')
So it seems an easy thing to do this particular switch to WE.

I haven't found anything relating to how to change Explorer's view to DETAILS and SINGLE PANE via AutoIt either here in this forum or googling, but need a way to make AutoIt do this which I will put in the startup menu so that it runs each time I start my computer.

The reason - despite a ton of research over the last 6 months and great help from an MS ng , my Windows Explorer at home reverts back to factory defaults after each reboot so that I get large icon view for Explorer instead of details (and I've done the bags thing, the TweakUI thing, or whatever, etc., etc., etc., and nothing works). But if I can come up with a script to fix these things and run it on startup, then I can go back to using Windows Explorer instead of a WE replacement. The script just needs to change Explorer to details view and to single pane and to save it as it does for at least until I reboot, which it will do if these settings can be saved via the script, too, and not just changed for the one Explorer session.

This message is just about this fix via AI, I'm still pursuing why my WinXP WE is doing this and how to fix it properly and permanently. It's been this way ever since I took it out of the box and on every other WinXP home computer I've ever worked on as it's the first thing I do (I use extremely long LFNs, generally, and details views is the easiest way to work in WE esp. due to time and date stamps, etc.). So that's another avenue I'm exploring that's completely separate from AI.

I don't even know if doing something like this is possible, but hoping that it can be done. I've fixed a lot of problems of different kinds with AI so hoping this isn't something that's beyond its scope.

Thanks for the help in advance! Much appreciate. :)

I have a script to open up the My Computer folder. The part that interests me is how the switch /n makes this particular folder open in in Windows Explorer as a single pane.

... [snip]

Anyone have any ideas re a script to do this? Thanks! :)

I remember looking this up before, but don't remember what reg key it was. Try using RegMon while you change the settings.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]