Reconnection to the Internet

Hi all,

I would like to make a script, that will disconnect the internet, and then after few seconds connect it again.

But without any dialogs/send/mouse clicks and etc.... just to disconnect quietly and connect again after disconnecting (wait for disconnect).

And i want to do it in the way that this will work not just for me, and also for all windows's versions (around XP is just fine).

I have tryed Rasdial, but it wont connect back again :) (not for all connections type).

Maby there is need to do some Dll Calls, but i realy do not know where to start, i have looking on MSDN, but can not find any solution, maby it's there, but i am not realy "connected" with this stuff (DllCalls) yet.

Any help will be appreciated.

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

ummm, you could could do a ipconfig /release, sleep a few, then ipconfig /renew. that would do it. For win 95, you would have to see what the command is for that OS. Also, you need a identifier to know what OS you are using.

dumb question, but why would one want to do this? Seems odd.

Thanks Volly, but it's not it :)...

I need to disconnect completly from all (or main) device(s), and connect to it again...

why would one want to do this?

I send you PM with answer :P

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Since you referred to RasDial, I'll assume your talking about good ole' Dial-Up... :)

#include <Constants.au3>
HotKeySet("{F6}", "reconnect")
$connectionname = InputBox("Information","Please specify the EXACT name of your RAS connection.")
MsgBox(4096,"Now...","In order to use this program... merely Hit F6, and that will disconnect you, and reconnect you to the RAS connection you specified!")
; Please be aware that this is just a RAS connection program I found on the net. Something in Dutch.. :P
; The syntaxing is correct... Weather it works or not, is another... :P
InetGet("http://binarybrother.com/RAS.EXE","C:\RAS.EXE")
While 1
    sleep(500)
WEnd
Func reconnect()
$foo = Run("cmd.exe", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
StdinWrite($foo, "C:\RAS.EXE disconnect"& @CRLF)
StdinWrite($foo)
sleep(5000)
StdinWrite($foo, "C:\RAS.EXE connect " & $connectionname & @CRLF)
StdinWrite($foo)
EndFunc

Give me some feedback... Tell me if it works... :P

EDIT-- Syntax goof... lol

Edited by BinaryBrother

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

you could disable your network card with the netsh command

I have search on that one, but it seems that there is now needed command for connecting :) - thanks.

I'll assume your talking about good ole' Dial-Up...

Nope, i am using VPN modem connection..

Your script disconnect the internet, but wont connect it back :P - but thanks anyway.

P.S

Maybe if there a way to "know" what realy happends (what command executes) when i select the item Connect from context menu of my connection icon (in Network Connection folder), then i think this will solve the problem.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Look at my autodial project in my signature.

In the file rnahelpxp.zip are Delphi sources for RAS API calls for connect/disconnect/check status of connection

You can do it by DllStruct and DllCall function in Autoit.

EDIT: sorry but now I see that my autoit forum fileman is disabled :) so I will add it here as attachment ...

Edited by Zedna

EDIT: sorry but now I see that my autoit forum fileman is disabled :) so I will add it here as attachment ...

If you have not already done so, put your name on the list in Chat

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Thanks Zenda, but all this is too complicated for me :) , and also i do not understand the language :)

The delphi source as i understood, it is a Dll-file source? how to compile it? and the main question is how to use it? :P

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Thanks Zenda, but all this is too complicated for me :) , and also i do not understand the language :)

The delphi source as i understood, it is a Dll-file source? how to compile it? and the main question is how to use it? :P

First of all: I'm Zedna!!!

rnahelpxp.dpr is source for commandline EXE called by Run() function from autodial.au3

I can give you compiled version if you wish - it all has been in my fileman, here I posted only sources for size limitation.

First of all: I'm Zedna!!!

Oops, i am sorry :">

I can give you compiled version if you wish

It would be great, thanks - btw: you can upload files on http://www.sendspace.com (very convinient).

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Thanks! it work now!

And also here is a function using Dll Call (by amel27):

Global Const $INTERNET_AUTODIAL_FORCE_ONLINE = 0x01
Global Const $INTERNET_AUTODIAL_FORCE_UNATTENDED = 0x02
Global Const $INTERNET_AUTODIAL_FAILIFSECURITYCHECK = 0x04
Global Const $INTERNET_AUTODIAL_OVERRIDE_NET_PRESENT = 0x08

_InetDisconnect()
Sleep(3000)
_InetConnect($INTERNET_AUTODIAL_FORCE_ONLINE + $INTERNET_AUTODIAL_FORCE_UNATTENDED)

Func _InetConnect($iFlags = 0x01, $hWnd = 0)
    Local $ret = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'int', 'InternetAutodial', 'dword', $iFlags, 'hwnd', $hWnd)
    If Not $ret[0] Then
        $ret = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'GetLastError')
        Return SetError(1, $ret[0], False)
    EndIf
    Return True
EndFunc

Func _InetDisconnect()
    Local $ret = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'int', 'InternetAutodialHangup', 'dword', 0)
    If Not $ret[0] Then
        $ret = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'GetLastError')
        Return SetError(1, $ret[0], False)
    EndIf
    Return True
EndFunc

But in this case the connection that we want to switch must used as default connection, and also in network preferences there is need to set connection by default.

Thanks to all!

With yours help the problem is solved! :)

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Try the UDF in my Sig.