Restarting a scripted installer after program restarts

I have a couple of installation applications which reach a point where a window comes up stating that it is necessary to restart. When "OK" is chosen, the computer restarts and the applications start up again, finishing the installations. Is it possible to script such an app by somehow having the script restart as well? Maybe by placing the script temporarily in the Startup programs, then removing it upon completion? How would that be done? The closest I have seen on the Forums is the post: "System Restart Window may or may not appear, Waiting for a window that might not come." But that I got - adlib, etc. Any ideas? Sorry - no code to post.

The code is kind of in pieces for testing.

vatobeto. :)

I have a couple of installation applications which reach a point where a window comes up stating that it is necessary to restart. When "OK" is chosen, the computer restarts and the applications start up again, finishing the installations. Is it possible to script such an app by somehow having the script restart as well? Maybe by placing the script temporarily in the Startup programs, then removing it upon completion? How would that be done? The closest I have seen on the Forums is the post: "System Restart Window may or may not appear, Waiting for a window that might not come." But that I got - adlib, etc. Any ideas? Sorry - no code to post.

The code is kind of in pieces for testing.

vatobeto. :)

FAQ question 11. How can I make my script start every time windows starts?

IN your installer *before* reboot, add an entry to the registry for a script that runs on startup. If you want the script to continue on from where it was, write/read registry values in your script to save/restore the state, or use a command-line parameter for the run at startup. Once the post-reboot install has finished, delete the registry entries for save/restore state and to run at startup.

FAQ question 11. How can I make my script start every time windows starts?

IN your installer *before* reboot, add an entry to the registry for a script that runs on startup. If you want the script to continue on from where it was, write/read registry values in your script to save/restore the state, or use a command-line parameter for the run at startup. Once the post-reboot install has finished, delete the registry entries for save/restore state and to run at startup.

Thanks, MisterBates :"> - that makes total sense. Much appreciated.

V.