MediaPlayer

My ID3.au3 currently does not work with Autoit 3.2.4.9. I am trying to update it so it will. In the mean time there are other ways to get the tag info, but no album art. Try CFire's WMMedia.au3, http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...&hl=WMMedia

There should be some tag reading functions that will work with .mp3 and .wma

It doesn't work??? It does for me, and I know that I have 3.2.4.9.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't work for me. I had a problem with my hard drives and I have no music directory. I run it and it says it will index the My Music folder to create a library which, in my opinion, is annoying, hehe. Then I click ok and it says that I don't have a My Music folder. Then an error pops up saying that in line 907, the variable $volume is being used without being declared.

Just my experience.

It doesn't work for me. I had a problem with my hard drives and I have no music directory. I run it and it says it will index the My Music folder to create a library which, in my opinion, is annoying, hehe. Then I click ok and it says that I don't have a My Music folder. Then an error pops up saying that in line 907, the variable $volume is being used without being declared.

Just my experience.

I will work on making it work without an index.

New update. Check original post. Suggestions/comments appreciated. It now works without a My Music folder!

• 1 month later...

New update! Many bugs fixed and features added! Check out the main post!

Edit: Any comments or suggestions? <_<

Edited by BananaFredSoft

• 4 weeks later...

New Update! Search Library function added.

If you have anything to say about this, *please* say it... please... I'm desperate for comments! Anything! :P

Is it good? Is it bad? Do you have a suggestion? Does something not work?

Edited by BananaFredSoft

Cant run, not recursive, i can't say yes or no to it indexing a folder... Can't wait to to see it working thou

The Folder Indexing function is recursive (I used the FileListToArrayEx function)...what do you mean? If you have any MP3s, it should be able to work.

I'm sorry for your trouble. Could you give a bit more info?

Edit: Just downloaded it direct from the forum and tested it. Worked fine for me, has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by BananaFredSoft

ill try out the update my files were WMA i think and when it asked shall it index your hd i said no and it creshed and i said yes and it crashed....

Let me try out the new one...

When you select no, it exits. It isn't compatible with WMA files, yet.

If it crashed when you said yes, that was probably because your files are WMAs.

ID3.au3 is now in the main post, and it is all that you need other than MediaPlayer.au3.

indexing took 11:41, kinda slow... i'm indexing 1217 mp3 files, you may want to consider _getExtProp thats what i use and it adds all my media to my library in less than 1:45.. Not sure exact ill time later... i'll tell you wut i think of your media player in a few mins. let me toy around with it...

[center][/center]

well I really like that you can play all results from one year, genre, artist, and the dynamic creation of the menu items was awesome, it took 64mb of mem on my win xp pro, and 25% cpu @3.0ghz~, very slow, but i like your functions they are awesome, i'm working on my third version of my media player right now... And its really awesome, i'm posting the EXE tommorow because it has a auto updater and i wont have the server end up until tommorrow, plus have to create an installer, and a bug submitter... But i can't wait to show you mine! Thanks for letting me test your MediaPlayer... Maybe we should consider working together, And would you mind if i borrowed your ideas for play by year, genre, ect?? Thanks!!

[center][/center]

well I really like that you can play all results from one year, genre, artist, and the dynamic creation of the menu items was awesome, it took 64mb of mem on my win xp pro, and 25% cpu @3.0ghz~, very slow, but i like your functions they are awesome, i'm working on my third version of my media player right now... And its really awesome, i'm posting the EXE tommorow because it has a auto updater and i wont have the server end up until tommorrow, plus have to create an installer, and a bug submitter... But i can't wait to show you mine! Thanks for letting me test your MediaPlayer... Maybe we should consider working together, And would you mind if i borrowed your ideas for play by year, genre, ect?? Thanks!!

Sure, you can use the play by Year, Genre, Album, and Artist stuff. That's fine with me :P

I will make sure to check out your media player! I've looked at the thread and it looks really cool.

I have to say i like the dynam created menu items, but with 1269 songs it runs way way too slow...Overall i really like the design, like the simplicity! But at the same time it offers a lot of options like play by year

Hey btw I'd like to see what updates/additions you make to this

Hope your not done with it

[center][/center]