PowerPoint Wrapper

Toady

Hi everyone,

I was looking for a way to handle an Active Presentation. I started to write a code, but soon an error occured which I couldn't correct yet...

Global $oAppl = ObjGet("", "PowerPoint.Application")
If @error Or Not IsObj($oAppl) Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error creating PPT application. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
Global $oPresInterface = $oAppl.Presentations ; Get presentation interface
Global $oPresentation = $oPresInterface.ActivePresentation

The error of course is on last line... All I want is to create an object related to the current active presentation.

Any help on this would be much appreciated !

Edited by Eazyrider

Wouldn't that line be:

Global $oPresentation = $oAppl.ActivePresentation

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

... I think you are right indeed ! I can not test that tonight unfortunately, but will let you inform tomorrow morning. But from what I found on the net, it seems that ActivePresentation is a property used on an Application. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Thanks for your help anyway.

In the includes folder where AutoIt is installed, it's a standard include file with AutoIt.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You do realize that this script was written 6 years ago right? That macro hasn't been in the language in over 3 years, so this script will have to be updated before it will work with the latest version of AutoIt.

Can you please open a new thread in the General Help and Support forum? Questions about INetGet don't belong in a thread about PowerPoint.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 months later...

When i try top open the the PPT, instead of creating a new one (which works fine!), I am getting the following error

$objPPT = _PPT_PowerPointApp()
If @error Then 
    MsgBox(0,"","No PowerPoint available") 
    Exit
EndIf
$PresInterface = _PPT_CreatePresentation($objPPT) ;Get presentation 
interface$objPres = _PPT_PresentationOpen($PresInterface,"C:\Users\s.mailappan\Desktop\3G-Reports\MyAutoItPresentation.ppt") ;Add a new presentation

post-79561-0-71575800-1374253197_thumb.p

Which version of AutoIt do you run?

Which version of PowerPoint do you run?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

V3 is a bit imprecise.  What does

Msgbox(0, "", @AutoItVersion)

return?

Do you use the 32 or 64 bit version of Office 2010?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Are you sure this part

interface$objPres

of the following line in your script is correct?

interface$objPres = _PPT_PresentationOpen($PresInterface,"C:\Users\s.mailappan\Desktop\3G-Reports\MyAutoItPresentation.ppt") ;Add a new presentation

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 months later...

This is a great tool and helped my create some big slide shows. There is one thing I'm stuck on. How do I indent a point?

For example. 

- Dot Point 1

- Sub Dot Point 1.1

I have tried  @CRLF & @TAB but it just adds a Tab between the dot and the text. It doesn't bring the dot in.

For example

- Dot Point 1

-     Sub Dot Point 1.1

So I did some searching and found this... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/aa223684(v=office.11).aspx

As a result I made this. You're welcome to add it to the main file, hope it can be helpful to the community. If there is a better way of doing this please let me know.

;===============================================================================
;
; Function Name:    _PPT_SlideTextFrameSetIndent()
; Description:      Sets the indent of a paragraph
; Parameter(s):     $obj - Slide object
;                   $intTextFrame - Index of TextFrame on slide
;                   $intParagraph - Paragraph number to Indent
;                   $IndentLevel - Indent Level
; Return Value(s):  On Success - Slide's text frame text set
;                   On Failure - @error = 1, Returns 0
; Author(s):        Smitro based on script by Toady (Josh Bolton)
;
;===============================================================================
Func _PPT_SlideTextFrameSetIndent(ByRef $obj, $intTextFrame, $intParagraph, $IndentLevel)
    If IsObj($obj) <> 1 Then
        SetError(1)
        Return 0
    Else
        $obj.Shapes.Item($intTextFrame).TextFrame.TextRange.Paragraphs($intParagraph).IndentLevel = $IndentLevel
    Endif
EndFunc

Hi all,

Thanks for the extreme usefull Powerpoint UDF. I added a one liner to include text into the Notesfield of your sheets.

;
; Function Name:    _PPT_SlideNotesText()
; Description:      Sets the text in the Notesfield in a slide
; Parameter(s):     $obj - Slide object
;                   $Text - String text
; Return Value(s):  On Success - Nothing
;                   On Failure - @error = 1, Returns 0
; Author(s):        Prutser based on script by Toady (Josh Bolton)
;
Func _PPT_SlideNotesText(ByRef $obj, $Text)
    If IsObj($obj) <> 1 Then
        SetError(1)
        Return 0
    Else
        $obj.NotesPage.Shapes(2).TextFrame.TextRange.Text = $Text
    Endif
EndFunc
Edited by prutser