Macro or script for the temporary internet files directory

I'm trying to make a second method of grabbing flash files from web pages. I want to make it so it will support different OS versions. Does anyone have a snippet of code that points to the temporary internet files folder no matter what OS? I can try to make it, but I do not have a method of testing it.

Edited by Volly

I'm going out on my stupid limb here, but what's your first method? :)

for a method, couldn't you just check the exsistance of a folder?

Windows IE uses:

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

If folder exsists then "Windows" method . . .

If FireFox installed, then where ever firefox dumps . . .

Edited by Hatcheda

Well, I have a method that works some of the time, but it relies on INetGet. I wanted the second method to check the TIFD to see if the file I want to capture is there.

I guess I can make it so it will only support XP, 2000 and Vista. Those with 95, 98, and Me will be out of luck. I tried to google the info on the older OS's, but no luck.

Is it possible to copy a file from the Temporary Internet Files folder? No matter what I try, I can't grab a file when I try to script it.

FileCopy(@UserProfileDir&"\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\statetris[1].swf", @ScriptDir, 1)

?????????

I know it is named right...

:)

Edited by Volly

Is it possible to copy a file from the Temporary Internet Files folder? No matter what I try, I can't grab a file when I try to script it.

FileCopy(@UserProfileDir&"\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\statetris[1].swf", @ScriptDir, 1)

?????????

I know it is named right...

:)

Temporary Internet Files is a shell folder. Explorer will show it at "@UserProfileDir &"\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files" but it is not there as it just exists in a namespace set within the registry. In Vista the path is different again in @AppDataDir & "\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files" as shown by explorer.

ok, I get that somewhat. How does one copy a file from it then using command line?

You will not see it from the command line. VBScript has no access to it either AFAIK (just browsed through the chm). Perhaps a DllCall may help but not even sure if you can even use any of AutoIt's file functions to handle any of the files. I guess MS made Temporary Internet Files secure in that area.