Include file for default functions

e.g.

_Color GetBlue uses color.au3

_RunDos uses process.au3

ControlGetPos uses ????.au3

PixelChecksum uses ????.au3

I assume many functions are included in some 'automatically included' file, and i just want to know how these functions work, and if i can make modifications of my own.

Anyone know where this file is? or if these functions are just embedded within the autoit source code or something..

Anyone know where this file is? or if these functions are just embedded within the autoit source code or something..

The STD (standard) include files are found in the Include folder in the root of the install directory of AutoIt3. Details in the help file explain the directory structure and registry entries added and also mentioned here.

If you are going to make changes to a STD include file then I suggest making a copy of the include to modify.

:)

but whats the include file that functions such as ControlGetPos use? I'm talking about functions that can be run without the need for any includes

e.g. Helpfile for ControlGetPos

$pos = ControlGetPos("Untitled - Notepad", "", "Edit1")
MsgBox(0, "Window Stats:", "POS: " & $pos[0] & "," & $pos[1] & " SIZE: " & $pos[2] & "," & $pos[3] )

and helpfile for _ColorGetBlue

#include <Color.au3>

$iBlueColor = _ColorGetBlue( 0x8080ff )
MsgBox( 4096, "AutoIt", $iBlueColor )

Notice the:

#include <Color.au3>

Where is the one that includes functions that don't say that they need includes in the help file? Edit: BAD SENTENCE

Where is the file that stores all the UDFs that donn't require the use of any '#include's ?

get my drift?

Edited by EvAsion

but whats the include file that functions such as ControlGetPos use? I'm talking about functions that can be run without the need for any includes

e.g. Helpfile for ControlGetPos

$pos = ControlGetPos("Untitled - Notepad", "", "Edit1")
MsgBox(0, "Window Stats:", "POS: " & $pos[0] & "," & $pos[1] & " SIZE: " & $pos[2] & "," & $pos[3] )
ControlGetPos() is a builtin function with AutoIt.

and helpfile for _ColorGetBlue

#include <Color.au3>

$iBlueColor = _ColorGetBlue( 0x8080ff )
MsgBox( 4096, "AutoIt", $iBlueColor )

Notice the:

#include <Color.au3>
Functions in the help file that start with an underscore are UDF's. UDF's are User defined functions. The AutoIt installer extracts the include files (that contain the standard UDFs inside the include files) into the include folder. Normally found in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include".

Where is the one that includes functions that don't say that they need includes in the help file? Edit: BAD SENTENCE

Where is the file that stores all the UDFs that donn't require the use of any '#include's ?

get my drift?

Builtin functions do not precede with an underscore where as the standard UDFs contained in the include files do. If you look at the Contents of the Help file then you will see "User Defined Functions" as a root node to use. All STD UDFs require the use of #include to actually include the UDF code into your AutoIt script.

meaning its built into the C++ source of autoit?

I'm just wanting to know if we can modify these functions? (the functions that are 'built-in')

Yes, builtin function as being part of the AutoIt C++ source with is compiled into AutoIt3.exe. You cannot modify the builtin functions. You do have options of making a plugin dll or you will need to create you own UDF to use a different behaviour as to the builtin function.

Yes, builtin function as being part of the AutoIt C++ source with is compiled into AutoIt3.exe. You cannot modify the builtin functions. You do have options of making a plugin dll or you will need to create you own UDF to use a different behaviour as to the builtin function.

Oh ok thanks all i wanted to know. My dreams will never come true now =*(

Edited by EvAsion